The Most Everton Thing Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
That goal we scored that rebounded of the rs player from a goal kick back into the net but the referee disallowed for no reason.

Don Hutchison.. Sander vesterveld kicked the ball at his head only for the red to blow the whistle as it was trickling in

[Poor language removed] this thread off for a barrell of laughs. i'm 27 and can't believe i'm not grey already due to the utter crap i've had to watch from us ... thiis season alone has proved about 6 or 7 horrible incidents that come around once in a decade for other clubs.

Spending a week winding up hammers about payets injury for him to score an injury time winner after being 2-0 down was as Everton as it gets!

There's been at least 7 'most Everton things' already this season and I (unfortunately) don't expect it to stop here! To paraphrase Homer and Bart Simpson...
"Dad... This has been the worst day of the season..."
"No son... This has been the worst day of the season..... 'So far'..."

[Poor language removed] this thread off for a barrell of laughs. i'm 27 and can't believe i'm not grey already due to the utter crap i've had to watch from us ... thiis season alone has proved about 6 or 7 horrible incidents that come around once in a decade for other clubs.
must be tough with Swansea being crap as well.

Everton Supporter that.

Mad_80s_Fashion.jpg

Terrible song, terrible video but we won the cup.

Everton that.

Ahh I love that video! I remember having the Heroes and villains (I think it was called??) video, I remember the kinks was one of the songs with some random clips of Duncan going nuts et al, haha! Good times, feel even sadder now haha!

in 84 ( i think ) we played Grimsby in the League Cup , had about 80% possession , hit the post , bar and their goalie saved countless point blank headers and shots .
Grimsby were camped in their own half for 89 minutes ........
somehow get a last minute free kick ..... and score ...ha ha
Everton that !

Almost right. The most Everton thing ever was being the best team in Europe by a country mile in 1985 but not being able to prove it because our neighbours got English teams banned from Europe.
But despite being the best team in Europe the RS did the double 85/86. Only time ever (despite their dominance).
RS get something like 38 points out of last 42 to win the League. We batter them for an hour in the Cup final, RS defence arguing amongst themselves but Mr. Reliable, Gary Stevens, gives the ball away and game over.
But that's OK because Ian Rush is going to Juventus. Then Lineker has a worldie in the World Cup. Barcelona nip in and buy Lineker and Juve allow Rush to stay for another season.

Everton that OR is it RS that?

Status
Not open for further replies.