The next manager appointment (new thread)

The next manager appointment

• David Moyes

Votes: 60 24.3%
  • Carlos Corberan

Votes: 53 21.5%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 28 11.3%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 23 9.3%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Abel Ferreira

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

• Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Davide Ancelotti

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Sergio Conceicao

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Roger Schmidt

• Edin Terzic

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Kasper Hjulmand

• Christian Streich

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A caretaker like Big Sam, Warnock etc

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Mister X not mentioned

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters

Delargeinho

Player Valuation: £10m
We had this last year and the thread is still more or less active, I am aware of this... Want to see the difference. Football is a quick business, so a new pull, with a good mix of candidates, a few have stayed, many have been added.

I left out some like Xavi, Allegri or Tuchel and included more realistic ones, also some like Gallardo, Still or Jagoba that recently changed clubs, also some that good work in smaller leagues over years, as well as some promising Championship managers like Robins, Cleverly, Edwards etc.

Very hard to call.

I do think its time though that we appointed in hope rather than fear.

That may mean higher risk but conversely this cycle that we're in needs to be broken.

I like Henrik Rydstrom. But would he be another Christian Gross?

I like Kasper Hjulmand too. But limited experience outside Mitjylland and failed at Mainz. International football does not translate.

Graham Potter still seems like a good bridge between higher risk and lower risk, and is more progressive than conservative.

It's all opinions. I'd still make Moyes favourite. That seems a much easier appointment to make if he's willing

An interesting and enticing list.
Some I need to research myself .
After looking at Ferreira recently , he would be an exciting choice.
And I have a sneaking suspicion that Davide would be an excellent if perhaps slightly left field choice.
But Corberan would be a good choice out of that list for me.
Now I’m going to research some of those other names and change my mind .
Pragmatic manager with a track record of building good teams on a budget. Has to be Moyes.

His track record in relegation fights is also generally very good, with the exception of car crash club Sunderland.
Pragmatic manager with a track record of building good teams on a budget. Has to be Moyes.

His track record in relegation fights is also generally very good, with the exception of car crash club Sunderland.
Don’t like him
Don’t want him back.
But I fully admit I would prefer him to Dyche.
Don’t want to be lumbered with dour football and the dour persona for another 11 trophy less years .

Thomas frank would be great but u don't think he'd leave brentford. I think we should go for tuchel he's still out of work ,has mentioned being open to coming here in the past and can be pragmatic but not ultra negative. Also he's possesses a degree of pedigree and unlike carlo who is a legend obviously I think tuchel would be interested in a project

An interesting and enticing list.
Some I need to research myself .
After looking at Ferreira recently , he would be an exciting choice.
And I have a sneaking suspicion that Davide would be an excellent if perhaps slightly left field choice.
But Corberan would be a good choice out of that list for me.
Now I’m going to research some of those other names and change my mind .

Don’t like him
Don’t want him back.
But I fully admit I would prefer him to Dyche.
Don’t want to be lumbered with dour football and the dour persona for another 11 trophy less years .

yup the latter

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back