Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The next manager appointment (new thread)

The next manager appointment

• David Moyes

Votes: 115 19.1%
  • Carlos Corberan

Votes: 93 15.4%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 65 10.8%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 80 13.3%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • Abel Ferreira

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

• Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Davide Ancelotti

Votes: 64 10.6%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Sergio Conceicao

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Roger Schmidt

• Edin Terzic

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • Kasper Hjulmand

• Christian Streich

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • A caretaker like Big Sam, Warnock etc

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Mister X not mentioned

Votes: 79 13.1%

• Total voters
It’s direction of travel though .
I don’t want the team to be developed to follow the Moyes blueprint.
I would prefer to develop in a more attacking direction , with an emphasis on seeking victory.
A more attacking and proactive style than Moyes employs.
The team Moyes handed over to Bobby was the best in the last few decades. Built on a reasonable budget too.

He doesn't and neither do you, both of you are stuck in the past clinging onto, well I don't know really. Let me point out one MASSIVE red flag with Moyes first off (there are plenty more) Strikers. This club has struggled for years with them and we can't seem to find a decent one either to buy. Well David Moyes certainly isn't going to solve that. the money he wasted on Haller and Scamacca then completely misused both of them. Over £300m was spent at West Ham and he ended up using a group of about 13/14 players, massive money was wasted there, he also largely ignored the academy setup. The game has moved on and Moyes hasn't imo, I wouldn't trust him to build anything because I don't think he can anymore hence in the end they brought a sporting director in.
He didn’t buy Haller. He did a great job turning Antonio and Arnautovic into mobile, modern. Premier League strikers though.

It’s an interesting broader point - you don’t seem to get many proper strikers coming through any more. The obsession with false nines seems to have killed them off.

Big fan of Tuchel. I think he would be a great fit. He could be interested and view Everton as a fantastic project especially if he is given a fair amount of control.

3 years of Moyes . I hope I go into a coma If that happens.
Have some ambition !

Yeah what the club truly needs right now, with a wave of optimism following the arrival of a new owner and the move imminent to the new ground is to go back and appoint the manager whose symbiotically linked to the Kenwright era. Who plays turgid football, and who was the first ever Everton manager to preach that we should accept our place as a parochial 'small' club trying to punch above it's weight against any team above us.

Moyes mentality is what infested the club with this acceptable defeat, can't win away at any big side, knives to gunfights mentality.

Utterly detest the legacy he left behind at this club - Moyes and Kenwright both.

He didn’t buy Haller. He did a great job turning Antonio and Arnautovic into mobile, modern. Premier League strikers though.

It’s an interesting broader point - you don’t seem to get many proper strikers coming through any more. The obsession with false nines seems to have killed them off.
Fair enough, but he did misuse Haller trying to play him as a target man, one quick google and he could have seen the player was more suited too a three. We can just swap Haller for Danny Ings (who he did buy) who has hardly done anything there and was another poor buy. The two strikers you mention are just low grade target men, they suit his style of play and it relates to your other point in that I agree, you don't see many target men anymore mainly because they are bloody easy to play against that's why forwards now are more of a Watkins type where they can do a bit of everything. In terms of a team that's far more beneficial than a player who needs it handed to them on a plate all the time like DCL. Exceptions like Haaland who are just footballing freaks come along every once in a while though.

Yeah what the club truly needs right now, with a wave of optimism following the arrival of a new owner and the move imminent to the new ground is to go back and appoint the manager whose symbiotically linked to the Kenwright era. Who plays turgid football, and who was the first ever Everton manager to preach that we should accept our place as a parochial 'small' club trying to punch above it's weight against any team above us.

Moyes mentality is what infested the club with this acceptable defeat, can't win away at any big side, knives to gunfights mentality.

Utterly detest the legacy he left behind at this club - Moyes and Kenwright both.
Everton under Moyes played some of the best football we have seen since the 80s under a ridiculously small budget. He signed Baines, Coleman, Jags, Lescott, Stones, Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini and Pienaar.

I think a coma would be guaranteed for all of us if that happened, mate.

I don’t know if people have amnesia on here, and he obviously was doing a lot better than what we’ve had since (excluding one year where his defensive skills lingered over the team), but he wasn’t called ‘dithering davie’ for no reason.

Plus he screwed us over on leaving, tried to poach our best players off of us, talked us down like we were worthless after he went & will never get us into the top 4 conversation.

Everton under Moyes played some of the best football we have seen since the 80s under a ridiculously small budget. He signed Baines, Coleman, Jags, Lescott, Stones, Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini and Pienaar.
Then Roberto Martinez took over and we had one year which eclipsed the football & portrayed a vastly superior attitude towards the top four than anything displayed by Moyes by stratospheres.

Plus Martinez never tried to poach our players, didn’t screw us over by agreeing to join a club 6 months before the end of his contract, didn’t talk down about us after he left.

And I wouldn’t have Bobby brown shoes back either.

3 years of Moyes . I hope I go into a coma If that happens.
Have some ambition !
I think a coma would be guaranteed for all of us if that happened, mate.

I don’t know if people have amnesia on here, and he obviously was doing a lot better than what we’ve had since (excluding one year where his defensive skills lingered over the team), but he wasn’t called ‘dithering davie’ for no reason.

Plus he screwed us over on leaving, tried to poach our best players off of us, talked us down like we were worthless after he went & will never get us into the top 4 conversation.
I liked Moyes while he was here.

Then Roberto Martinez took over and we had one year which eclipsed the football & portrayed a vastly superior attitude towards the top four than anything displayed by Moyes by stratospheres.

Plus Martinez never tried to poach our players, didn’t screw us over by agreeing to join a club 6 months before the end of his contract, didn’t talk down about us after he left.

Martinez started this rot imo.

We’ve been over this a million times. Martinez lucked out by being given a world class striker. Put Lukaku in the Moyes team for the previous 5/6 years and we would be top 4 every season without a doubt. Martinez peaked at 5th and the drop off after that was dramatic and the football extremely boring. The job Moyes performed here was incredible.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back