The obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpies volley

Player Valuation: £30m
Inappropriate Language
We're all missing the bleeding obvious here. Including the manager whose being payed a massive amount of money to see it. We need 3 in midfield. We know that we haven't got an out and out striker but neither have the RS and Citee haven't had one for the past how many seasons. But what they do, is win the ball and dominate the midfield. How many times have I said it in this forum. Win the f"£/( ball in midfield and get it forward to any forward minded player as quickly as possible and we'll score goals. GET A GRIP OF THE MIDFIELD. The same thing has happened for the successful clubs since Ugg the caveman decided to break his toe kicking a round shaped stone around trying to put it between 2 wooden posts. Unless you've got 2 World class midfielders running the show, you need 3 in midfield. You can have 3 Alan Shearas. Up front if you like but without winning the ball in midfield and getting the ball into the strikers you're not gonna score goals. Rant over.

We're all missing the bleeding obvious here. Including the manager whose being payed a massive amount of money to see it. We need 3 in midfield. We know that we haven't got an out and out striker but neither have the RS and Citee haven't had one for the past how many seasons. But what they do, is win the ball and dominate the midfield. How many times have I said it in this forum. Win the f"£/( ball in midfield and get it forward to any forward minded player as quickly as possible and we'll score goals. GET A GRIP OF THE MIDFIELD. The same thing has happened for the successful clubs since Ugg the caveman decided to break his toe kicking a round shaped stone around trying to put it between 2 wooden posts. Unless you've got 2 World class midfielders running the show, you need 3 in midfield. You can have 3 Alan Shearas. Up front if you like but without winning the ball in midfield and getting the ball into the strikers you're not gonna score goals. Rant over.
We need midfielders who can actually do all of this though.

I agree mate I believe he's only playing it because the midfield protection isn't there and we don't have a four who can keep it tight

But surely numbers would help. It doesn't matter if its Doucore, Iwobi and Davies. Just get bodies in there to win the ball. The RS have won the champions league and an asterix league with 3 very average midfielders. But 3 quick and mobile forwards but not a true centre forward.
We need midfielders who can actually do all of this though.

But surely numbers would help. It doesn't matter if its Doucore, Iwobi and Davies. Just get bodies in there to win the ball. The RS have won the champions league and an asterix league with 3 very average midfielders. But 3 quick and mobile forwards but not a true centre forward.
I think you are giving their midfield more credit than its due, without starting a Big Red tactics game, their wing backs and front 2 at least in Mane, when there and Salah are central to everything they do, very bad example for me.

City on the other hand, KDB is GOD.

3 or 2 it doesnt matter, the qaulity does.

What would you rather have 3 Phil Nevilles or 2 Roy Keanes.

That's exactly what I'm saying mate. If you've got 2 World class midfielders, great,they can dominate. If not you need 3. Cause by doing that you'll see more of the ball in the middle of the park. Also it will give more space for the full backs to get forward more, as wing backs, as long as the front 3 are mobile and will come inside playing more as a 10,s and 8,s respectively. Football is a simple game. Why over complicate it with this formation or that formation.

That's exactly what I'm saying mate. If you've got 2 World class midfielders, great,they can dominate. If not you need 3. Cause by doing that you'll see more of the ball in the middle of the park. Also it will give more space for the full backs to get forward more, as wing backs, as long as the front 3 are mobile and will come inside playing more as a 10,s and 8,s respectively. Football is a simple game. Why over complicate it with this formation or that formation.
I noticed both Spurs and Chelsea lined up as 3421 today, I think it depends, if you play a team who plays 3 in midfield, you're going to lose the battle if you only play 2, but then you win battles elsewhere, is the thinking.

I noticed both Spurs and Chelsea lined up as 3421 today, I think it depends, if you play a team who plays 3 in midfield, you're going to lose the battle if you only play 2, but then you win battles elsewhere, is the thinking.
But my point is mate. That historically, the team that wins the battle of the midfield, more often than not, wins the game.

Both teams were changing their formations in-game: 3/4/5 at the back.

That's alright if you have players with the intelligence to carry that out.

We need a settled back line, and as has been said, 3 in midfield.

Everton should be playing 433.

Coleman/Patterson Keane Tarkowski Mykolenko

----------Gueye--------------Iwobi
--------------------Onana

-------Gordon-------------------Gray
---------------New striker/DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.