The official deadline day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its possible, but dont think there is time to get it done. Wait and see. It wouldnt surprise me if he turned up at finch farm at 5.05. He would then blame his driver for not getting him there on time. :lol:

BK and Elstone have been spotted hanging round at Knutsford services with a contract under their arm and a man with a stethoscope behind them. Could still be on. :lol::lol:

Wooh 470+ viewing. The next three hours are going to be all kinds of epic. Great news about Heitinga I thought that almost certainly dead and dusted. I think Atletico must be shoving him out the door to keep afloat. Isn't there FIFA rules that stipulate you can't be trading insolvently?

Here's what goes into signing a player....

From BBC -
"'Sam, what goes into a player's contract these days?' I hear, erm, none of you ask. Well, it's a veritable feast of clauses, including some or all of the following: salary, signing on fee, length of term, goal and appearance bonuses, promotion bonuses, demotion pay-cuts, a relocation package, image rights, a sell-on percentage, a deal extension option - and that's before you get into the world of shirt number guarantees, required community service and press/club interviews, translators, and a ban from 'dangerous' past-time activities such as skiing, motorcycling and horse riding. There are four copies of everything, signatures a-go-go, and they take up about 13 hours' worth of work to combine - so excuse me 'girlfriend' (*clicks fingers either side of face*) if I've missed out anything obvious."

Bentley and Hetinga by 5pm? No probs:lol:

It is reported that Everton's bid for Valencia midfielder Ever Banega has fallen through due to the Spanish club's insistence on a permanent deal rather than a loan.

What are we doing?? Sign him on a permanent :(

Here's what goes into signing a player....

From BBC -
"'Sam, what goes into a player's contract these days?' I hear, erm, none of you ask. Well, it's a veritable feast of clauses, including some or all of the following: salary, signing on fee, length of term, goal and appearance bonuses, promotion bonuses, demotion pay-cuts, a relocation package, image rights, a sell-on percentage, a deal extension option - and that's before you get into the world of shirt number guarantees, required community service and press/club interviews, translators, and a ban from 'dangerous' past-time activities such as skiing, motorcycling and horse riding. There are four copies of everything, signatures a-go-go, and they take up about 13 hours' worth of work to combine - so excuse me 'girlfriend' (*clicks fingers either side of face*) if I've missed out anything obvious."

Bentley and Hetinga by 5pm? No probs:lol:

All of that about contracts is probably true, but half of the time a new team just alter an existing contract that a player has with his current club, rather than creating one from scratch, so its a much simpler process.

Some of you may remmeber a few years ago we were renegotiating Alan Stubbs contract and he wanted a clause removing from his contract which had been in his contract since he was at Celtic and Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.