Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The summer 14 other clubs transfers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debuchy is far from average, so not sure where that analysis comes from.

Of the teams you've put up, if we do get a DM(still holding out tiny hope) then only Maureen's seriously physical side would bother me. I'd take our midfield over your neighbours any day, their keeper is inferior and the less said about their back line the better. I mean the actual one, not the one with Bertrand in it.

We are a proper DM away from challenging. Schneiderlin is not a DM like we need. Don't think he would improve on what we have. Oddly his stats from last season are not much different from Arteta's. We need his midfield partner more than we need him. A destroyer like De Jong would be perfect. We have enough passers.

Don't know why the Quintero link has popped up. Think it's BS personally, but if it isn't then we must be cashing in on Cazorla to Atletico.

Looking back at that Chelsea line up. That is one seriously physical team, even Fabregas looks beefier than he used to. Reckon we'll all be getting in line behind them come next May:(

what do you think of the chambers signing? think it's a bit odd splashing so much on him when debuchy will be first choice for a good few year yet you'd feel. i know he#s highly rated and seemed great vs us, but surely you could have done with spending money on a top class striker and left backup RB a few years. doubt chambers' price would have risen in 2/3 years and he would be much less of a risk if you would have decided he's definitely good enough.

got you at 9/1 to win the league, put a few quid on, if we don't win it, i'd like to see arsenal win it out of the other realistic teams tbh.

what do you think of the chambers signing? think it's a bit odd splashing so much on him when debuchy will be first choice for a good few year yet you'd feel. i know he#s highly rated and seemed great vs us, but surely you could have done with spending money on a top class striker and left backup RB a few years. doubt chambers' price would have risen in 2/3 years and he would be much less of a risk if you would have decided he's definitely good enough.

got you at 9/1 to win the league, put a few quid on, if we don't win it, i'd like to see arsenal win it out of the other realistic teams tbh.

Not sure what to make of it either, a lot's been said on him being versatile and AW likes players that can do more than one role, Bit like Sagna who actually was quite a good emergency right sided CB. Shame we didn't break the bank to keep him but his age counted against us doing that. Apparently Chambers can play both FB positions and he's CB for England u19s. I only saw him a few times last season so cant profess to knowing much about him.

What amazes me is if we get Quintero then our spending will be up to about 80million, meaning for once we weren't being sold the same old BS about how much money we had but we still wouldn't have a proper DM.

FWIW we won't win the league for 3 years because we refuse to play negative against the top 6(Spurs don't count). I don't mean park the bus but just pkeep it tight no gaps and play on the counter. We are built for it yet refuse to play that way.

Reckon you've done well with Atsu. His end product is a bit hit and miss but he will scare the crap out of most LB's in the league.

Not sure what to make of it either, a lot's been said on him being versatile and AW likes players that can do more than one role, Bit like Sagna who actually was quite a good emergency right sided CB. Shame we didn't break the bank to keep him but his age counted against us doing that. Apparently Chambers can play both FB positions and he's CB for England u19s. I only saw him a few times last season so cant profess to knowing much about him.

What amazes me is if we get Quintero then our spending will be up to about 80million, meaning for once we weren't being sold the same old BS about how much money we had but we still wouldn't have a proper DM.

FWIW we won't win the league for 3 years because we refuse to play negative against the top 6(Spurs don't count). I don't mean park the bus but just pkeep it tight no gaps and play on the counter. We are built for it yet refuse to play that way.

Reckon you've done well with Atsu. His end product is a bit hit and miss but he will scare the crap out of most LB's in the league.

if that doesn't mirror image our summer so far i don't know what does haha.

get what you're saying about the league, but you have a squad which is many times better than the liverpool squad that bottled the league last year so anything is possible. think anyone can use that yardstick, just need the luck they had with injuries and not the ones you had.

i like atsu of what i've seen, would have preferred a more proven winger but if we spent most of our budget on lukaku, i understand. guardado and atsu would be boss.

Woolwich will give the title a decent shot but won't win it even though they are unable to use their standard 'we don't spend any money' get out of jail card.

Chelsea unfortunately.

I read somewhere Wenger might be planning to use Chambers as a DM...

Whispers we have bid for J.Rod

The Man City one............

Thoughts?
Been injury ridden at City, tried everything from changing from a sports car to a car with better suspension and support.
That being said if he stays injury free would be a decent buy for you, looked good for us for a while, got his big money move then stagnated thanks to injury and better quality options.
Would like to see the boy do well, however looks like hes a wee bit crocked

As i say, very vague whispers. Cant see it myself. We aleady have a dozen mid-fielders,

Think Schneiderlin will force his move - but it will go to the wire. Pretty sure either Dawson or Chirices will go, Dawson most likely.

3 in & 3 out so far. Levy still has £8mn burning a whole in his pocket.......

As i say, very vague whispers. Cant see it myself. We aleady have a dozen mid-fielders,

Think Schneiderlin will force his move - but it will go to the wire. Pretty sure either Dawson or Chirices will go, Dawson most likely.

3 in & 3 out so far. Levy still has £8mn burning a whole in his pocket.......
Any news on Holtby? Will he be staying or going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back