Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The summer 14 other clubs transfers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
surely united aren't about to land hummels for £17m!!!!

how can you pay 27 for shaw, but get imo the world's best CB for £10m less!

they'll be title challengers this season i think

Currently their defence consists of
CB Evans/Jones/Smalling all of whom are injury prone
RB Rafael, again injury prone, or an out of postion Valancia/Jones/Smalling
LB only Shaw as Evra has just signed for Juve and Buttner already gone
They will need more than just Hummels to provide adequate cover even without being in Europe.

Their Midfield is Carrick (out for 3 months), Herrara, Fletcher, Cleverley, Fellaini and Anderson which is not particularly inspiring either.

LVG did an excellent job with a young Holland side but unless he makes quite a few signings/promotes some good youngsters and gets them to settle in quickly they will find it a challenge getting into top 4 imo let alone title challengers.

Currently their defence consists of
CB Evans/Jones/Smalling all of whom are injury prone
RB Rafael, again injury prone, or an out of postion Valancia/Jones/Smalling
LB only Shaw as Evra has just signed for Juve and Buttner already gone
They will need more than just Hummels to provide adequate cover even without being in Europe.

Their Midfield is Carrick (out for 3 months), Herrara, Fletcher, Cleverley, Fellaini and Anderson which is not particularly inspiring either.

LVG did an excellent job with a young Holland side but unless he makes quite a few signings/promotes some good youngsters and gets them to settle in quickly they will find it a challenge getting into top 4 imo let alone title challengers.

they're not finished with buying yet though. that does look really weak what you've out there ha. and that's not even going into their wingers. but they'll have no europe like the other 6.

they're not finished with buying yet though. that does look really weak what you've out there ha. and that's not even going into their wingers. but they'll have no europe like the other 6.
Yeah, listing the wingers just seemed a overkill! As you say, there are weeks till the window closes and they have lots of money to spend and only moneymaking friendlies to worry about outside the domestic cups.

Knowing my luck LVG will do a clean sweep of them all and Chico will vault me but at the moment even with all their money it looks like a big rebuliding job.

hummels £17m
Lovren £20m

lol

That's what's blowing my mind.

The RS could easily tempt some absolute champos league quality players - Hummels, Godin, for eg - but instead are buying complete novices at that level.

And spending champos league money of them.

Not really getting this Borini staying. He's clearly not wanted and not exactly hot property. If he had any brains he'd sign for Sunderland and try and sell himself with performances if he thinks he's that good.

Ha ha, absolutely no chance.

Is this what journalism has come too?

I think Hummels will cost nearer to 30 million.
He's a truly superb central defender, possibly the best in the world at present, on the back of winning the World Cup and with at least 6/7 years at the top level in him.

If David Lulz is 50m, any team are getting a bargain if they can get Hummels for less than that.

Went there for a loan probably didnt like it.

Maybe he gets more wages at lpool.

Doesnt want to move house.

Many reasons.

Not really getting this Borini staying. He's clearly not wanted and not exactly hot property. If he had any brains he'd sign for Sunderland and try and sell himself with performances if he thinks he's that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back