Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The summer 14 other clubs transfers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good, would have liked us to have signed him, at least on loan :-)

How you feeling about your summer transfers overall? Think you'll get schneiderlin in?

Yid-Lin isn't joining us until the 2015-2016.
I think Schneiderlin will be a Spur by the end of the window. If we also sign a starting CH I will be pretty happy with our window.

Yid-Lin isn't joining us until the 2015-2016.
I think Schneiderlin will be a Spur by the end of the window. If we also sign a starting CH I will be pretty happy with our window.

Might not be that long. The 2014 MLS season ends in a couple of months, it goes over the summer.

Although it appears fuzzy on when the transfer actually takes place.

lol I was just about to post this. The mirror are becoming a joke.
The Mail are running the same story but your point still stands!

Tbh if he is not in LVG's plans then Welbeck would probably be wise to move to somewhere he would be guaranteed first choice in his favoured position. Steve Bruce is an underated manager and the chairman, despite his crazy Tigers rebranding, seems long term and willing to invest which more than you could say for Spurs/Newcastle. They also, at least at the moment, have Europa league and 12m from the sale of Long to put towards whatever Utd's asking price is.

Jack Cork to us for £3m, apparently might be confirmed tomorrow. Not bad...

I'll be honest, I'm buzzing this week. Cork, Zaha, Kelly, Wickham (maybe) and more all heavily rumoured...

Jack Cork to us for £3m, apparently might be confirmed tomorrow. Not bad...

I'll be honest, I'm buzzing this week. Cork, Zaha, Kelly, Wickham (maybe) and more all heavily rumoured...
Iirc he was in his last year of contract and looking to move even before all the summer upheaval. Decent player though, hope the move works out for both of you mate.

If you could have the decency not to embarrass us at Goodison again and save all your energy for our lovable rivals across the park will be even happier ;)

The Mail are running the same story but your point still stands!

Tbh if he is not in LVG's plans then Welbeck would probably be wise to move to somewhere he would be guaranteed first choice in his favoured position. Steve Bruce is an underated manager and the chairman, despite his crazy Tigers rebranding, seems long term and willing to invest which more than you could say for Spurs/Newcastle. They also, at least at the moment, have Europa league and 12m from the sale of Long to put towards whatever Utd's asking price is.

He started every pre-season game this season when fit. LVG is a big fan trust me. When he isn't in our team. It's very noticeable. Our style basically changes from a free flowing attack to a slow paced one dimensional attack. RVP is getting on and he doesn't combine with Rooney very well. They are too similar. Welbeck will be playing a lot of games this season. Bruce is a underrated manager. I rate him. He had Welbeck on loan at Sunderland. Sunderland were good that season. Henderson, Welbeck and Gyan formed a pretty good partnership. Sunderland also played good football that season. I remember them smashing Chelsea 3-0 at the Bridge. However Bruce's Hull team wouldn't really suit Welbeck's style of play. I mean Jelavic says it all really. However Welbeck did get Bruce's Sunderland playing pretty good football so he could possibly change Hull's style of play. I mean he pretty much changes our style of play at Utd. Any good team goal we have scored in the last 3 season's Welbeck was involved.

Last edited:
Iirc he was in his last year of contract and looking to move even before all the summer upheaval. Decent player though, hope the move works out for both of you mate.

If you could have the decency not to embarrass us at Goodison again and save all your energy for our lovable rivals across the park will be even happier ;)
If we don't need a result, sure! Would love to see Stevie Me cry at Selhurst again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back