Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the striker debate very interesting in regards to how we, as fans look at the final tally of goals and just judge that rather than the players contribution. For example Yakubu scored almost 20 goals when we sold him to Blackburn, but they went down. He will always grab goals if he just stands around the edge of the box but his workrate and tracking back for them was dreadful.
Also we have always relied on non strikers to take deadballs. LB scores lots of freekicks and pens for example, thus effecting our strikers final total.

I hope Jelavic is given another 12 months but would not be suprised if he was sold. Whenever I saw Wigan play there was a clear pattern of pacey tricky wingers often becoming the most forward player with the striker dropping deep (perhaps explaining Martinez's interest in Anichebe in the past). N'zogbia, Moses and Mcmanaman have all flourished in this set up.

I am sure Mirallas will too. Not sure about Pienaar though but then then I wouldn't tinker too much with the left hand side.

Spot on with just about everything there mate.

People are talking about Kone killing JH, but at the Goodison cup debacle he was pulling onto Coleman and bullying him, leaving our CB's in two minds and their midfield free to bomb on.

Kone has scored an offside goal, and a tap in after some shocking defending from Distin. He did well to get his foot to it but he barely terrorised anyone, IMO.

Long and insightful article linking us with a move for Philipp Hosiner:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...triker-on-Crystal-Palace-and-Everton-s-radar?

74 goals in 158 matches according to Wiki or close to 1 goal every 2nd match. Not bad, even if the Austrian league isn't that great.

2 goals in 3 matches for Austria as well which makes me wonder why he doesn't get more games for them (3 matches in the last two years).

For £4 mill it sounds like a good deal.

74 goals in 158 matches according to Wiki or close to 1 goal every 2nd match. Not bad, even if the Austrian league isn't that great.

2 goals in 3 matches for Austria as well which makes me wonder why he doesn't get more games for them (3 matches in the last two years).

For £4 mill it sounds like a good deal.

Just had a quick google and Hoffenheim, Genoa, Atalanta & Lokomotiv Moscow are keen on him as well.

I feel we should be competing for players that are attracting interest from a higher calibre of clubs than that lot.

Then again - He's scored more in the Austrian league than Jelavic did, so for 4m or so, could be worth a pop.

Reports that mcaleny is been loaned out hope it's just to fain first team football and not permanent move think he could be good player!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back