The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally depends on how much is left in the transfer pot and who else we could get. Has to be said he plays in the position we most need to strengthen. 50% wage cut & free transfer - I think for the first time ever I would be tempted.

If it was down to his ability then yeah, but it would only be a matter of time before he kicked off.

How has he got on in France? Many red cards? I just really want to see us get some proper competition in midfield. Our transfer policy has been focused on squad strengthening so far but Baton is probably a step too far.
He'd probably end up stubbing a cigar in barkleys eye or something else tw@tty

100% yes to Joe for 35k and free transfer. He was good for marseille last year and if he agrees a deal to leave QPR can't see him not going back. Technically very good player and would add competitive edge, maybe a tad too much!

When he was at Newcastle he was amongst the best midfielders in the country. He's a liability though and I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. I'd rather have Bentley on a free.

See i wouldn't actually mind him IF and a big damn IF, he got over being a huge tit.

Which sadly is just not going to happen so it's a no for me.

The positive of getting Barton is that I'm confident he'd be a decent squad player in gritty games. Yes his antics are questionable but so have the likes of Fellaini's too this season. He's cheap, okay and helps competition for places.

Barton again?

Ok lads lets get one thing straight here, Joey Barton is RUBBISH. He has never been good. He was an average premier league player a few years ago and thats it. You can accept a player being a bit of a bellend if he is worth it but he most certainly isnt.

Not that it will happen of course but the fact that people would even consider it enrages me a lot more than it should.

Surely if there were clauses in his contract in relation to discipline etc and they were agreed upon by both player and club and any breach would result in a termination of such contract it would surely be a win win situation for club .. Think it would be a very divided opinion from supporters.he certainly gas the ability to dictate a game and plays in a area we need more cover in.. Interesting to see what happens that's for sure!!

He's not good enough for us & that's ignoring the fact that he's a massive helmet.

Any Blue who thinks this is a decent shout needs to turn off the internet & go lie down in a darkened room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back