The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our defensive complement (including deep playing midfielders) is very sound. What we need is a skilled CM to serve as a conduit between that group and our attack. Osman gives too much ball away and you just cannot do that with the tactics RM seems to wish to deploy. I am not knowledgeable enough about all the personnel capable of fulfilling that skilled CM role, but I am certain other contributors to this forum can proffer some names.

If we do not have any money and we do not sell a player to bring in any my initial thought is Stones. ..yes he is young and yes he is relatively inexperienced but he certainly does seem to have all the attributes to possibly be our next Carsley...Heitinga and Osman are not the answer. ..just my opinion. ..I

Thing about fellaini for me is I don't want him to go I think he gas played in his best position over the summer but the type of money that is been talked about will allow us to bring in 2/3 players that will improve our 1st team squad.. I rate fellaini think he is a animal but looking long term we need competition in the squad and we are short 1/2 (if fellaini goes) in the middle of the park. I think if we get 18 million to spend if fellaini goes I can see McCarthy and Tom Ince coming in.. Now whatever your taughts are on these players they will add to the team and Martinez will certainly with McCarthy throw him straight into the starting line up. Hope also some deal can be arranged to shift Johnny h out of club the small bits I seen of the games recently he doesn't look arsed

thought Fellaini was a passenger against Madrid, he hit the post but that doesn't mean he played well like some assume, didn't really do anything with the ball whatsoever.

He's a holding midfielder, he's not there to do anything with the ball

A holding midfielder who spend a fair bit of time up the field? I'm very much a fan of the 'makelele' style Anchor man. Expect more from fellaini when he has the ball. If he was our sole defensive midfielder I'd have no issue, but he spends as much time up the pitch as far back it.

A holding midfielder who spend a fair bit of time up the field? I'm very much a fan of the 'makelele' style Anchor man. Expect more from fellaini when he has the ball. If he was our sole defensive midfielder I'd have no issue, but he spends as much time up the pitch as far back it.

Blame Martinez's tactics then, he played Fellaini too far up the pitch against Madrid and that's what exposed us to their counter attacks

Fellaini pressed well and won the ball back for us quite a few times. That's going to be something that we will need to do more and more under Martinez, and I'm not sure who else in the current squad could do it should Felli leave.

Fellaini pressed well and won the ball back for us quite a few times. That's going to be something that we will need to do more and more under Martinez, and I'm not sure who else in the current squad could do it should Felli leave.

Thats a very sound point. With any of the systems Martinez plays, there has to be 100% contribution and effort from every player on the park, no one can hide. There will not really be any room for anyone to have a 'quiet game'. When you keep possession for long periods there really has to be concentration from the whole team, and players have to make themselves available. Fellaini is good at this, but everyone needs to do it.

As this is the "transfer rumours" thread.. apparently our interest in Toby Alderweireld is real and we are close to agreeing a fee for him. The red****e are also interested.

As this is the "transfer rumours" thread.. apparently our interest in Toby Alderweireld is real and we are close to agreeing a fee for him. The red****e are also interested.

Would be made up if so, not because I know a lot about him, but because he's highly thought of elsewhere and has been linked with a host of quality clubs. I also look at Jan Vertonghen at Spurs and it seems almost identical how people talked about him and how he turned out.

Come on Robbie lad, get him in. Distin is gone next season, Heitinga is ****e, and Duffy nobody knows apart from a few games two years ago. This lad would be quality, another sexy Belgian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back