The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton is in the search for a successor to John Heitinga encountered Ajax player Toby Alderweireld.

The Belgian defender was last weekend in the league match against Roda JC viewed by scouts from Everton. According to Belgian media, the British 6.9 million euros for the arrival of the esteemed international.

"It is true that Everton came forward for Alderweireld" says his manager Soren Lerby. "Though there are other concrete slopes. Toby must now look at which team he finds the most challenging. "

Presumably Liverpool is also still in the market for the signature of Alderweireld, which is open to a departure from Ajax. The English league table would only come into play when Luis Suarez this summer leaves. Christian Eriksen also must come to Merseyside, or so the rumors go.

From an article on a Dutch website from this morning. Would be made up if we signed Alderweireld - he's been quality anytime i've seen him and would be perfect if Martinez is going to play three at the back.

From an article on a Dutch website from this morning. Would be made up if we signed Alderweireld - he's been quality anytime i've seen him and would be perfect if Martinez is going to play three at the back.

If true, it's nice to know we have irons in the fire to spend some cash generated by player sales.

If we get rid of the appalling waste of space Heitinga we do.

Maybe we can use him as a makeweight for this Belgian?

I think that's the only way we'd be able to get Alderweireld, as I can't think we have any more than £4 or max £5 mil in the budget. If we offered £3/£3.5 mil plus Johnny, maybe it'd work. Be the only way we could afford this deal without flogging anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back