The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you imagine the band Barton and Baines would form?

'Psycho-c**t spoken prose, meets hippy-ish Northern Soul' feat. Gerard Deulofeu

Martinez has said how many times pre season he wants to bring in players that will fit in with the teams mentality?
Doubt this will happen.

Still, on more than one occasion i have found my self thinking Barton is a good player. I'd take him.

Id tell him he can sign if he fecks his twitter account off as it causes no end of trouble.
He'd never do it so it's a no

i love thee idea of Barton coming to us. have done for years but been scared to say it out loud. the assault incident was the only genuinely controversial incident in my eyes. at the time I think he was getting endless abuse about his family regarding a horrible murder that had nothing to do with them. may be wrong to think this was direct cause but if he snapped then he has to take his punishment. which he did. doesn't indicate a psycho though. most of the stuff since has to be viewed in the context that the press love a target, but none of it has made me think I wouldn't have him at my club. some of it is pure snotty nonsense. the lad can be embarrassing but when he is genuine he speaks really well and has decent attitude to a lot of stuff. heard him on a documentary about gay footballers and he was the most sensible voice on it.

playing wise.. QPR... No disgrace not to fit into that circus. He can help teams tick and maybe at 30 its time for him to calm down and blend in to a good footballing system. he can pass and he can bite. ideal back up for Gibson and Fellaini and adds lots of options without being guaranteed first team football. I would love the fact that the media will not like it as a signing. There are loads of sensible strong voices at the club and I don't see him feeling the need to step out of line or be the crusader for a cause. There should always be some genuine blues here. Its a new era and time to take some chances. Two year deal and maybe Lundstram will be ready at the end of it.

Can't believe that anyone's willing to entertain even the idea of this. We're a TEAM ! That's what makes us strong ! That's why Martinez and Moyes before him take great care that the players they bring in have the right character and attitude. Barton could be a wrecking influence. We can't afford to take that kind of risk.

Which one? The one on the Everton fan in Thailand, the one on Dabo in a training session, the one where he stubbed a cigar out in a youth player's eye or the one where he battered some kid outside the Maccies in town?

This is before we even get into the amount of complete and utter bollocks he talks on Twitter. We need to swerve this idiot, he is complete and utter poison.

Can't believe that anyone's willing to entertain even the idea of this. We're a TEAM ! That's what makes us strong ! That's why Martinez and Moyes before him take great care that the players they bring in have the right character and attitude. Barton could be a wrecking influence. We can't afford to take that kind of risk.

He could also be a bit of niggle and pride that binds more of the squad together, and shows them what it is to play for Everton. But who knows, I haven't seen him playing for Marseille, did he have a good season? Is he even up to our standard anymore? He was class 5 years ago, but that's a long time in football.

Barton caused no problems at OM last season as far as im aware? He clearly needs a certain type of management. I think hes a good player, battler in the middle of the park and got a brilliant delivery from set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.