The Weather Thread

I've been in 47 degree temperatures in Dubai and i
I've been in 47 degree temperatures in Dubai and it's not nice. The last time we were walking to one of the big shopping malls from our hotel - there's
not much else to do there, imo, and went the long way around because there was more shade.

Today was the best Winter day so far in Melbourne. 16 degrees and sunny. I was gardening and had take my rugby top off. I've got about 8 of them cos
they're my Winter gear.
I was on a troopship in Colombo (then Ceylon) harbour (1957). It was 100 degrees Fahrenheit on the deck but we were down in the bowels of the ship waiting for the cookhouse to open for dinner. The corridor we were queuing in was next to the kitchen and just being stood, not moving, the sweat was dripping off the end of my nose. One of the cooks came out of the kitchen waving a thermometer, it showed 128 fahrenheit. (over 53 Celsius). Wouldn't want to experience it again!

I was on a troopship in Colombo (then Ceylon) harbour (1957). It was 100 degrees Fahrenheit on the deck but we were down in the bowels of the ship waiting for the cookhouse to open for dinner. The corridor we were queuing in was next to the kitchen and just being stood, not moving, the sweat was dripping off the end of my nose. One of the cooks came out of the kitchen waving a thermometer, it showed 128 fahrenheit. (over 53 Celsius). Wouldn't want to experience it again!
I spent a day in Colombo in 1960 and it was very hot. I was on the beach though. My first experience of surfing.:)

tenor.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back