The Weather Thread

What's winter like there? December usually mild here but we're in the mountains so January it can be 18 in the day and go to as low as -6 at night. January, February are pretty cold at night. Rarely rains, about 9 times a year or something
Where I am on the coast...the first 10kms in get the odd 4c or 6c nights in the winter and you'll get like you plenty of nice, but short days, of 20-22c.
Go 30-40-50kms inland and you can hit plenty of low minus nights, but it usually warms upby 9ish
Winter is 'supposed' to be the 'dry' season but atm, the weather is all over the place

Where I am on the coast...the first 10kms in get the odd 4c or 6c nights in the winter and you'll get like you plenty of nice, but short days, of 20-22c.
Go 30-40-50kms inland and you can hit plenty of low minus nights, but it usually warms upby 9ish
Winter is 'supposed' to be the 'dry' season but atm, the weather is all over the place
Nice. I'm I t shirt again today walking the dogs. 18 degrees. I'll have the fire on low tonight to take the edge off

I must be a Kiwi. 12 degrees and above counts as t-shirt weather
Thats South Island thinking.
Its all relative - when I first came over from England, it was a nice North Island Auckland Easter (Autumn) day, only me and the kids were in togs and in the water, everybody else just walked on the beach in light jackets because it had turned 'a bit coolish'...but compared to the North of England it was still summer
Then you move to QLD. and, as the saying goes...only Kiwis on the beach after April.
I have a special section of the wardrobe just for my warmer Melbourne clothes, even a big jacket...which seems to shrink every time I wear it...must be to do with being in the dark in the wardrobe for 11 and a half months of the year

Went to the dentist for my 2 hour appointment. When I went in, the car park was wet from light rain, when I came out, the whole car park was flooded. Didn't hear a thing other than the drill inside my head.

F7C816E9-8829-44A8-BC06-DEECDACFCC90.jpeg

Botswana (a desert supposedly) has rained constantly for 3 weeks, its like living in Tanzania again... except today it through in 3.6 tremor on the Richter scale as well. Bizarre

That's a lot of snow.

There’s a phenomenon in upstate New York called lake effect snow. The wind blows over the unfrozen Great Lakes, picks up moisture, and then it turns into snow over the land. You can get some gigantic snowfalls if you get stuck under a lake effect band for a day or two.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back