The Weather Thread

I've mentioned this before when the weather has been crap with very high winds. I always remember Bernard Murphy, a huge Blue, who sadly passed after being struck by flying debris in very windy conditions. He had been with mates walking to the Walkers Stadium for our away game at Leicester almost 18 years ago. I never knew Bernard but I was walking along the same stetch of road in the minutes immediately after the incident, his mates had done what they could under the circumstances whilst waiting for the emergency services - terrible thing to happen and the sudden loss of life hit home. If any of his family/friends read this I hope they don't mind, but perhaps they can take some comfort from him being remembered. RIP Bernard. Stay safe all.
I remember that. RIP. Thankfully, although Kilkenny was on orange warning, really it was fine. I didn't venture out in case but it really was just quite windy.

Wexford and Waterford seem to have been hit with one poor worker killed by a falling tree in Wexford. RIP.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back