2017/18 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone catch Walcott talking to Henry post match on mnf? Don't know if it was a slip of the tongue but said something like 'obviously now everyone knows about him (wenger) coming...er leaving arsenal...' I watched on now tv so couldn't rewind to check!
. Can one of the moderators please quote this I'm sure he did but I reckon a member with a bit of clout is needed to bring it to people's attention!

Some very eloquent words from him last night, a standard above the gutter merchants we have lining up currently. Imagine playing with the likes of Rooney and Bolaise.

It's not as though they're random people who've walked off the street to play the game. They not only have experienced it before but if a few shouts and a few groans puts you off your game you're a weak individual. I've had bosses unleash their anger problems on me before but I didn't wilt away and stop doing the job well, you just laugh it off and keep going.

Hilarious! You actually think your boss having a go at you is in any way similar to having 30-40 thousand people screaming obsenities at you on a weekly basis, and then taking time out of their busy schedules to send you [Poor language removed] on social media as well?

But yeah, just carry on screaming and booing; I'm sure that won't damage anyone's mental health at all. After all, it's not like we've in the last decade seen a rash of players & ex players with serious health problems, some of which have led to attempted, or tragically even successful, suicides.

[Poor language removed] cretins, when will people start taking any kind of responsibilities for their actions? I'm so absolutely done with this support base, I'ma gonna go hang with people who aren't daft tbh.

Bye

Hilarious! You actually think your boss having a go at you is in any way similar to having 30-40 thousand people screaming obsenities at you on a weekly basis, and then taking time out of their busy schedules to send you [Poor language removed] on social media as well?

But yeah, just carry on screaming and booing; I'm sure that won't damage anyone's mental health at all. After all, it's not like we've in the last decade seen a rash of players & ex players with serious health problems, some of which have led to attempted, or tragically even successful, suicides.

[Poor language removed] cretins, when will people start taking any kind of responsibilities for their actions? I'm so absolutely done with this support base, I'ma gonna go hang with people who aren't daft tbh.

Bye
I'd say it's worse because it was inches from my face and someone I personally knew and many more times than 38 in a year.

Also I've played infront of a couple thousand before and had them groan and make shouts. If you really think that's over the top abuse I can only surmise you're going through a rough time yourself and that is not a dig. If you are then naturally you'll be more sensitive to it and if that's the case then I wish you nothing but the best.

However to suggest it's 30k-40k is an extreme overestimation. The social media bit goes over my head because I don't have any accounts and genuinely can't think of a reason I'd ever get one. I'm sub 30 too so it's not a generational thing.

It's ok to call out people for taking responsibility of themselves but I think that goes both ways and extends to the ways footballers comport themselves in the face of "abuse".

Like I said if this touched a nerve I hope things get better but I stand by what I said.

Bye
Not many times I agree with the man but these quotes from fatty ring true when discussing Morgan.

"If you're not playing so well, they will show their disapproval. We all accept that; that's been in football since it was invented.

"What you have to do is make the fans want to cheer you, want to be pleased with your performances. That's what we're paid to do."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back