This place

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - is your opinion and is subjective.

2&3 - other more well established posters have been guilty of doing both, davek and chicoazul to name two. It seems I was foolish to follow their example.

Its getting boring now, maybe Brennan was right and I need to look for another forum.

tattle.jpg

I thought it was acceptable on this forum, plenty of other posters have used it.

Now you've made it clear its only acceptable for older members I'll refrain.

That's a good place to start. There's another thread around somewhere asking what values you personally (as an individual with an independent mind) live by. I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

1 - is your opinion and is subjective.

2&3 - other more well established posters have been guilty of doing both, davek and chicoazul to name two. It seems I was foolish to follow their example.

Its getting boring now, maybe Brennan was right and I need to look for another forum.

How do you know Davek and Chico are 'established?' you only registered on Tuesday.

He wasn't publicly, like I just was.

You weren't publicly. Your thread is basically asking a question why you might get pulled up or called a kopite, you then proceeded to give a lovely example of why this would be so the mod kindly gave you the input you asked for.

As Ijjy said you don't know whether others get pulled up. I got one infraction and it was done by PM.

Been lurking for a few weeks and have saw people getting called kopites for bigging the RS up, now I'm getting questioned for telling the truth about how spawny they are.
Are there any guidelines about what you've got to say to avoid getting branded a 'kopite'? Or do you just need to be part of the clique to avoid this slur?

Like you I am a new poster (only posting for a month) and am about as far from being "clique" material as you can get - I live in the US, have two X chromosomes and am old enough to have seem Everton win silverware.

I haven't been called a Kopite or anything else deragatory - indeed given this is an internet forum, where you expect a more "robust" style, I've been slighly surprised by how friendly people have been. If you don't like it here, you would loathe Twitter.

If you feel you have been unfairly treated I suggest you contact the person directly by private msg or if that fails the mods versus creating confrontational posts about it. That is if you actually want to resolve the issue.

Lads, this type of thread does the site no good at all - it discourages new and newer members from participating. @Deano Blueboy if you feel you are not being treated fairly or perhaps differently from other members you can report the posts you feel are unfair or communicate directly with any of the mods who will assist you if necessary.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back