Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking similar about the impact on the player and their career. I suppose ultimately they will have to agree and it may well be a better contract than they were due to get.

But there is a feeling that they are getting shunted to a club who may not want or have a plan for them.

I can't speak for Villa, but we desperately need options in the center of midfield.

Can someone explain to me how this is like a FFP loop hole

tumblr_ptzdnx2wY11r3ykuvo3_540.gifv

not a signing that makes you buzzing but rather a younger player that can improve rather than an old has been looking for a last pay day
welcome Tim
That literally is a signing that makes me buzzing. Yeah, it's great to get in an established player but the younger ones are always the ones that are most interesting to me. Mostly because all "established" players we've brought in have been crap bar Tarkowski.

We can put down a value of £Xm in our accounts for the sale of Dobbin (and Villa can do the same when we buy this kid) to boost PSR figures, but in reality all we have done is a swap deal.

As long as we don’t take the piss, it’s hard to argue that Dobbin isn’t worth £15/20m based on his age, potential, homegrown status.

Liverpool got the same money for Jordan Ibe about 5 years ago.

Can someone explain to me how this is like a FFP loop hole

tumblr_ptzdnx2wY11r3ykuvo3_540.gifv

For Villa, it shows as £9 million profit instantly.

For us it shows the money paid now for him, which could actually be zero for all we know.

The same will happen for Dobbin, pure profit for us, tiny outlay for VIlla.

I would be surprised if this is just purely a PSR thing like people are saying i think its more likely there is proper interest and the clubs have found a way to do a mutually beneficial deal rather than coming up with a scam and then just roping some players in at random.

I would be surprised if this is just purely a PSR thing like people are saying i think its more likely there is proper interest and the clubs have found a way to do a mutually beneficial deal rather than coming up with a scam and then just roping some players in at random.

I'm up for it being a full on PSR vibe

We aren't signing him just to get around PSR, We're signing him because we want him, and the PSR situation from both sides has helped get him.

It's not just some random deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back