Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably don't massively want this guy, Villa don't massively want Dobbin, we do however both want shut of PSR.
I had not thought of this but was reading a thread on another forum and it seems possibly this is a great plan by the 2 clubs to help each other out. If that is the case then wow who at our club had the marbles for this?

Of course they do! What we're buying is potential and the idea that not making it at one club doesn't mean he won't make it another as soon as he's not made the grade at 2 clubs his potential value reduces massively thats obvious. If what you were saying is true every single academy product would be getting sold for 10 mil but they aren't are they so thats all you need to know to see that its not true.

But he's not just any old Academy product, he's one with prem and European competition experience. £10m nowadays is nothing and given his also Championship experience if you were to sell him next summer to a Championship club - because that's as low as he'd fall - there's no way you'd get a loss based on his one year further experience in the Prem.

We're doing a mutually beneficial psr deal here with Villa aren't we. This is no way to use a player's career - but that's just a consequence of modern ill thought out regulations.

Since neither of us are sky brands, I fully expect a rule change from the prem that we are each retrospectively clobbered for.
I was thinking similar about the impact on the player and their career. I suppose ultimately they will have to agree and it may well be a better contract than they were due to get.

But there is a feeling that they are getting shunted to a club who may not want or have a plan for them.

It does seem that he is just part of mutual beneficial financial dodge.
Probably appear on the bench a few times before being quietly moved on in 12months time .

I had not thought of this but was reading a thread on another forum and it seems possibly this is a great plan by the 2 clubs to help each other out. If that is the case then wow who at our club had the marbles for this?
someone at Villa probably

9m a lot for someone who hasn't played first team footbal

Will be interesting to see the fee for Dobbin if he goes in the other direction

I suspect it’s not a lot, and it’s just the number we need to comply - or almost comply. It also doesn’t say what split of that £9m is up front and what’s addons.

But he's not just any old Academy product, he's one with prem and European competition experience. £10m nowadays is nothing and given his also Championship experience if you were to sell him next summer to a Championship club - because that's as low as he'd fall - there's no way you'd get a loss based on his one year further experience in the Prem.
That doesn't make him special don't be thinking because you've qualified for europe once all your players are superstars lad. Those things are tenapenny we've had loads like that but they're only worth 10 mil if they're worth 10 mil its a very easy thing to understand if someone had signed Tom Davies or Jonjoe Kenny from us for 10 mil who both had a lot more of both things you mentioned they would never have got it back because they weren't worth it to begin with! Its no different to any other signing thats the point - if you overpay you overpay it doesn't just reverse itself if you're under 23!

It's the first ballsy move from Danny F the fighter pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back