Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.
so who’s the magician?
HVhG6SYl.webp

I hope so , I’m just concerned that with our track record of “ developing “ young players , that he doesn’t become another DCL, davies, Kenny etc

….DCL has been with the club 8 years, played 214 games and earned 11 international caps. I’m sure the player and the club would bite your hand off if this lad duplicates that return on investment :coffee:. You chucked in 3 names, I’ll add Stones, Gordon and Branthwaite, maybe we’re not as bad as you suggest.

….DCL has been with the club 8 years, played 214 games and earned 11 international caps. I’m sure the player and the club would bite your hand off if this lad duplicates that return on investment :coffee:. You chucked in 3 names, I’ll add Stones, Gordon and Branthwaite, maybe we’re not as bad as you suggest.

I don’t think we developed Gordon … he didn’t really improve once he broke into the team. He has developed much more since he left and has publicly said he enjoys “ playing for a proper club” when discussing training , tactics etc

Again with stones , bobby didn’t really develop him , he just oozed natural ability on the ball .its since he left that he has improved after finding a decent coach.

Barkley was also under bobby and basically stopped doing anything as he had smoke blown up his arse every week.

And DCL? I have never been his biggest fan and is don’t much better than when he was younger , his finishing is just as bad and I would say it’s more a slight on us as a club than a glowing example of player development, when we say he’s played 214 games for us

if he was as awesome as we hope, lets face it, villa wouldn't have been likely to let him go. Realistically, he will look at little out of depth in the PL, he'll make mistakes, but hopefully he will progress quickly and show his shizzle

Not sure that holds water when last season villa let a lad go to hull for 2m whom they just paid 17m to buy back.

if he was as awesome as we hope, lets face it, villa wouldn't have been likely to let him go. Realistically, he will look at little out of depth in the PL, he'll make mistakes, but hopefully he will progress quickly and show his shizzle

They have a much, much better midfield than we do, in quality and depth. They also needed to sell him for PSR reasons. Before Onana they had 5 other guys in front of him, they were selling from a position of depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back