Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Toffees, the mighty Toffees, a lion roams the field,

For the Toffees, the fighting Toffees, Tim never ever yields

Iroegbunam, Iroegbunam, Iroegbunam, Iroegbunam, Iroegbunam, Iroegbunam, Iroegbunam, Iroegbunam, a whoooooo, ooh, ooh, ooh Iroegbunam.

To the tune of the Lion sleeps tonight.

Please. Even if we had a local lad, who became better than Messi and his name was Awimbawae we wouldn't sing this.

From: Jim Croce’s song You dont mess around with Jim. Change Jim for Tim and we have it…

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim

His start is very encouraging, but I'm reminded a bit of Niels Nkounkou. He was getting all the superlatives but it just didn't happen for him here in the end. Players can really only be judged over an extended run of games in the league, if they get them in the first place, or by default, if they don't. He should find himself getting opportunities, and we can see what he's got then.

Looking forward to his 27th bday and people still saying he needs time as he’s running his contract down and asking for 130k a week
??
Not really sure what you mean?

The lad is a talent, my point is if he is used correctly he can be a top midfielder in the time mentioned on the original post, he has not played that many games in his short career todate, so once he gets up to speed of the prem will be very good

The lad is a talent, my point is if he is used correctly he can be a top midfielder in the time mentioned on the original post, he has not played that many games in his short career todate, so once he gets up to speed of the prem will be very good
A little premature this optimism.

He'll learn soon enough, the way Garner and Onana had to learn, that a lot of the positive things you have seen him do with the ball, is not appreciated by the manager. And if he dare to be a little creative and play with risk, the mighty home support will turn on him.

I agree with you, there have been plenty of positives from him this summer. He is brave with the ball. But he has also given away the ball dangerous positions.

Stop being creative. Pass the ball sideways. Invite and absorb pressure. Play the ball back to defenders or Pickford and let them kick it as long as them can. Play the Everton way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back