2024/25 Tim Iroegbunam

He is deceptively quick and is willing to take risks with tackles. Can he be a dominant interceptor like Kante or Gana? Unlikely. But he possesses the offensive potential to be much more on that end with his size, strength and skill. I’d take that trade. If Kev has gotten one thing right, it seems to be his eye for central midfielders.

The difference is we were winning more than losing when Hibbert was there. People are a lot more forgiving then.

Hibbert was always at least competent too.

I know but the players actually put efforts in and their attitude was verbally good.

I don’t think we are that demanding as a fan base to be honest.

Just give us your best, we are all crap footballers as fans but if any of us got the chance to be on the pitch the one thing we wouldn’t lack would be effort.. fitness ? Yep! Quality, skill etc would be shocking but effort would not be … we would probably all need a paramedic after 10 mins mins … but effort would be there… and honestly I feel that if a player is showing that…. He will get enough time to bed in and show quality and not get booed …

It’s when the whole club is the way it is that fans get frustrated …

Usually starts around 2.00pm when Sean shatters any slight optimism we have with his team selection, then carries on when doucs and co kick simple passes out of play and there is not urgency or commitment… then we concede due to Keane, young being slow, lazy and crap .

Or Sean bringing on these players as soon as he can get them back on the pitch …

Most of it is coming from the managers decisions imo

Does anyone reckon Tim looks better than Onana?

Don't think its been mentioned much on here...

Credit where its due

From the limited amount I've seen him I like him alot

He's more of a complete all round player from what I've seen

Looks a bit tired at 60/65 minutes mark. Which I think is just from limited first team game time

When he gets fully up to speed he'll be great for us

I know but the players actually put efforts in and their attitude was verbally good.

I don’t think we are that demanding as a fan base to be honest.

Just give us your best, we are all crap footballers as fans but if any of us got the chance to be on the pitch the one thing we wouldn’t lack would be effort.. fitness ? Yep! Quality, skill etc would be shocking but effort would not be … we would probably all need a paramedic after 10 mins mins … but effort would be there… and honestly I feel that if a player is showing that…. He will get enough time to bed in and show quality and not get booed …

It’s when the whole club is the way it is that fans get frustrated …

Usually starts around 2.00pm when Sean shatters any slight optimism we have with his team selection, then carries on when doucs and co kick simple passes out of play and there is not urgency or commitment… then we concede due to Keane, young being slow, lazy and crap .

Or Sean bringing on these players as soon as he can get them back on the pitch …

Most of it is coming from the managers decisions imo
100% we made Straq a cult hero just on the basis that he ran his spuds off every time he got a game. Every fan has the right to expect maximum effort, regardless of results, weather, whether they are looking to move etc. i remember very little about any rs game i have ever seen, but i recall that European final they won when Spitty was spewing his ring up towards the end and I remember thinking that is what any fan would love to see from their team, even if they didnt win it.

Yep i reckon he has more in the locker than onana. Not for physicality, size and tackling (but more than capable to do those things,) with a better mobility and attacking threat with ball at feet.

One is a central midfielder and the other is a midfield anchor.

should have been called up by Lee Carsley

very disappointed in him

Have the England squads been announced?

Expected Iroegbunam to be in the England U21s and Dixon in the U20s

For Everton, he looks like a more complete player. To be fair though, onana has started brightly for Villa. Might’ve been using him wrong here…

In our current system, Iroegbunam looks far better suited. We would probably look best with 2 × Iroegbunam. One right and the other left sided central midfielders and a 10 in front of them.

If we had attacking threats and a trio of goalscorers we'd have been well suited with Onana at DM and then Iroegbunam + Garner ahead of him.

For Everton, he looks like a more complete player. To be fair though, onana has started brightly for Villa. Might’ve been using him wrong here…
We made a healthy profit on Onana after two very useful seasons, sounds like this lad has started very brightly as a replacement for a small fee.

While we look a complete mess in most areas, this is a good example of decent business

One is a central midfielder and the other is a midfield anchor.

Have the England squads been announced?

Expected Iroegbunam to be in the England U21s and Dixon in the U20s

In our current system, Iroegbunam looks far better suited. We would probably look best with 2 × Iroegbunam. One right and the other left sided central midfielders and a 10 in front of them.

If we had attacking threats and a trio of goalscorers we'd have been well suited with Onana at DM and then Iroegbunam + Garner ahead of him.
he's better than jude bellingham and bellingham made his senior england debut at 17

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back