2024/25 Tim Iroegbunam

He’s just turned 21 , I don’t think anyone is naive enough to say that he’s the finished article. The positivity comes from the fact that he looks like he has all the attributes to develop into consistent, quality PL central midfielder.

At this age he’s going to make his mistakes, at 21 he’s still learning the game especially at the top level. If the fans can forgive the odd mistake along the way and back him regardless because the know his underlying quality, then he’s undoubtedly going to improve further. Having trust in a player is sometimes an investment. He’s a player who could be central to changing the club’s fortunes in the coming years.

I actually think we are a pretty easy fan base to play in front of as long as , you work hard and are trying to be positive … I mean look at hibbert … hardly the most technically gifted player to ever play the game .. but gave his all and always tried to get forward …

It’s when you seem lazy , casual and always play the easy ball/option that we get upset

I actually think we are a pretty easy fan base to play in front of as long as , you work hard and are trying to be positive … I mean look at hibbert … hardly the most technically gifted player to ever play the game .. but gave his all and always tried to get forward …

It’s when you seem lazy , casual and always play the easy ball/option that we get upset
The difference is we were winning more than losing when Hibbert was there. People are a lot more forgiving then.

Hibbert was always at least competent too.

Thought him and Garner looked good together. What a difference it made having Ndiaye ahead of them first half and McNeil second half - they could play balls forward that didn’t immediately come back at them because they’d ricocheted off Doucourre’s shin straight to the opposition.

He took some risks that might get punished in the prem but he’s got a lot of promise about him, talent there for sure.

To suggest he's not a 6 is as lie, he was one of the best 6s about a few years ago

What are his qualities? To break up play, provide defensive cover, and shield the backline. He's known for his tackling, interception skills, and work rate, which are typical attributes of a number 6.

Going forward a 6 connects the back line to the others, certainly not him. Brighton as the most recent evidence.

He doesn't shield the back line (unless he's told to and shows discipline, even then he wanders), he's best in a freer role-breaking up play further up the pitch and starting counter attacks. He certainly hasn't been shielding the back line thus far this season.

Our midfield has been wide open the first two matches because he and Tim like to play a similar role. Gana probably the better tackler, Tim definitely better with the ball. Neither of them have shown consistent defensive discipline. Gana we obviously have much more evidence of this. Just because he's isn't very good going forward and is a good tackler does not make him a defensive midfielder.

IMG_0093.webp

Going forward a 6 connects the back line to the others, certainly not him. Brighton as the most recent evidence.

He doesn't shield the back line (unless he's told to and shows discipline, even then he wanders), he's best in a freer role-breaking up play further up the pitch and starting counter attacks. He certainly hasn't been shielding the back line thus far this season.

Our midfield has been wide open the first two matches because he and Tim like to play a similar role. Gana probably the better tackler, Tim definitely better with the ball. Neither of them have shown consistent defensive discipline. Gana we obviously have much more evidence of this. Just because he's isn't very good going forward and is a good tackler does not make him a defensive midfielder.
He plays more of a hybrid role under dyche for sure, Onana was always the one deeper under Dyche. He is decent at linking up play.

In his prime he was a 6, i.e. under Silva

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back