2024/25 Tim Iroegbunam

Don’t think the hype is helpful for a kid who’s had less than ten premier league games and a season at championship level.

Looks a confident lad and very proficient technically. He is going to get found out taking too many risks at this level though and he is naive positionally. I’m not slating him I’m just being realistic!

The way our fan base clings onto the first midfielder who turns on the ball and builds the hype train every time is horrendous. We saw it happen with Gomes as well. Give him time, this overreaction doesn’t help when he inevitably has a tricky patch and everyone’s expecting prime Seedorf.
Agree while I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far last night a few times he’d of lost the ball if it was a premier league side, definitely has talent and hopefully improves with garner also would make a good midfield pairing.

He looks boss for us purely because he can do the basics well.

That's not a dig by the way, he is a useful player and a breath of fresh air.
It's been ages since we've seen a central midfielder who can turn on a dime, take out a player and bring it forward. Gana used to do it himself at times during his first spell here but the rest of them would prefer to play keep-ball with the centre halves instead..

I like that he has that rare Gana-like ability to somehow nick the ball off opposition players feet but he also has the technique to play quick passes through the lines on the turn which we haven't had in a long time. Young, inexperienced player who's likely playing on fumes in his debut few games in Premiership football, hopefully he doesn't get overplayed and burn out early in the season but we have midfield options returning to fitness that should ensure this doesn't happen.

I like that he has that rare Gana-like ability to somehow nick the ball off opposition players feet but he also has the technique to play quick passes through the lines on the turn which we haven't had in a long time. Young, inexperienced player who's likely playing on fumes in his debut few games in Premiership football, hopefully he doesn't get overplayed and burn out early in the season but we have midfield options returning to fitness that should ensure this doesn't happen.

Yeah he's the longer term replacement for Gueye, probably better on the ball but maybe just won't be as much as a machine as Gueye.

Don’t think the hype is helpful for a kid who’s had less than ten premier league games and a season at championship level.

Looks a confident lad and very proficient technically. He is going to get found out taking too many risks at this level though and he is naive positionally. I’m not slating him I’m just being realistic!

The way our fan base clings onto the first midfielder who turns on the ball and builds the hype train every time is horrendous. We saw it happen with Gomes as well. Give him time, this overreaction doesn’t help when he inevitably has a tricky patch and everyone’s expecting prime Seedorf.
Good point
Still think he has already shown he can be very impactful and hopefully more consistent than Onana was.
I worry about the forward thinking attitude being coached or bored out of him though

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back