Time To Break FFP?

Is it time to take the hit and break FFP?

• Yes

Votes: 153 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Maybe (give Brands 1 more window)

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those fines are the equivalent of paying Bernard and Sigurdsson a single weeks wages.

Are any of those clubs actually cacking themselves, though?

I can't say I've read too much about the impending doom and deep regret of Fenerbahce or Trabzonspor?

They got banned from Europe and are certain for CL football this year, which they won’t get

They got outbid by United for Sanchez, outbid by Liverpool for VVD.

Lets see how fun they find a 2 year ban.

For the record I doubt they will get banned for 2 years.

The last club I recall just ignoring FFP were Malaga.

Are they having fun?

We are not, but assuring you that the FFP came after the Chairman, one of the richest men in the world, was just using the club as a way of filtering money for his gain... then sold half the club to a a resort and lost the battle and is ruining the club.
Languishing in Segunda... UEFA didn’t do us, the Sheikh did.

Moshiri and Usmanov aren’t running away from us.

What it also means is, you can pretty much declare sponsorships deals as whatever you want, and you cant be fined.

I mean Alisua Usmanov could give us 100m a year for sponsoring the shop and it any fine would not be legally enforceable.

Nar City have been charged with fraud.

Lying in their accounts where money came from.

People need to realise nothing will change.

Nar City have been charged with fraud.

Lying in their accounts where money came from.

People need to realise nothing will change.

They were charged with fraud though, because UEFA felt their sponsorships were not only too high, but they were fraudulent. They felt because of the fraud they could catch them out. Theyve been found out, as I said multiple times, that their little rules will not stand up in any impartial court.

City have basically been cleared to sponsor their team for 60m per year, and have lost of those funds paid directly from the owner. Nothing may change, but in essence they will now not be able to prosecute anyone for allegedly inflated sponsorships.

I'd imagine more sponsorships from USM to follow when we need cash to avoid FFP headaches.

What this judgement is shown, is that arguing it is not fair market value, would not stand up legally.

UEFA will not be taking anyone to court again. Lets hope City start counter suing them now.

Its not about fair market value, from what ive seen its straight up lying about where the money came from.

I dont see wholesale changes personally.

Usmanov has just given us 30m to be first in a race that nobody else has even entered yet. Big Ali and Mosh arent even playing the same game as UEFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back