Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say this in all seriousness, I love how we have become management snobs now we have Carlo.

Like anyone with less than two European Cups is a peasant.....

Well Ronald Koeman is the best manager we had appointed before Carlo.

And even he had won 9 trophies.

Im fairly sure I considered Pellegrini crap even before Carlo.

"
I mean you say Pellegrini is a proven winner, but what has he ever really won?
He won a few South American trinkets.
He then spent 5 years at Villareal and won ZIP.
Lasted a season at Real, where, yes you guessed it, he also won ZIP
Then he turns up at Malaga, won utterly ZIP again.
Went to City spent 750m and won 1 league Title.
Then went to China.
So I ask you again, just what has he won? "

So, don’t actually refute the point at hand and create a cogent, rational counter argument..... just apply sarcasm.

Boss intellect. Never change @mikeh72

What reasons have you actually given to call him world class

Managed City and Madrid, Finished top 4 with Malaga and Villareal

Anything else?

Well Ronald Koeman is the best manager we had appointed before Carlo.

And even he had won 9 trophies.

Im fairly sure I considered Pellegrini crap even before Carlo.

"
I mean you say Pellegrini is a proven winner, but what has he ever really won?
He won a few South American trinkets.
He then spent 5 years at Villareal and won ZIP.
Lasted a season at Real, where, yes you guessed it, he also won ZIP
Then he turns up at Malaga, won utterly ZIP again.
Went to City spent 750m and won 1 league Title.
Then went to China.
So I ask you again, just what has he won? "

What are you expected to win at Malaga and Villareal, mate?

What reasons have you actually given to call him world class

Managed City and Madrid, Finished top 4 with Malaga and Villareal

Anything else?

Sure, those things, won a league title, excellent record in the transfer market.

By and large City and Real Madrid, at those respective times, do not and did not appoint managers that were not World Class. They challenged for all the top honours.

And yet they went for Pellegrini who had won precisely nothing. Zero. Why? Surely they recognised achievements that you’re not seeing now.

Both advocated as Everton manager by this absolute spam bot. Thankfully we went out and got a fella who doesn’t rely on foreheadless wonders slipping over to win league titles.

.... but only lasts 19 months in jobs.

You can see the concerns I had, mind.

Sure, those things, won a league title, excellent record in the transfer market.

By and large City and Real Madrid, at those respective times, do not and did not appoint managers that were not World Class. They challenged for all the top honours.

And yet they went for Pellegrini who had won precisely nothing. Zero. Why? Surely they recognised achievements that you’re not seeing now.

Absolutely creased at this. He left City in an absolute state, no full backs under the age of 32, no keeper that could save a shot, one centre forward on the books in Aguero, lumbered with absolute dross like Mangala, Demichelis, Jesus Navas, Negredo, Fernando. Bought Sterling and De Bruyne for £100m and still managed to scrape 4th on goal difference.

Managers before Pellegrini took over - Bernd Schuster - Juande Ramos - Juan Ramón López Caro - Vanderlei Luxemburgo

And yes you are spot on, they do and always have challenged for top honours, he won non of them and was sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back