Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised Fraser is starting.
Has he scored since slotting against us ?
Callum Wilson too for that matter..

Sake.
I could be totally wrong, however I'm sure it said on the radio before (TalkSport) that Callum Wilson had one in twenty-two or a similarly terrible goal to game ratio.

What a dull day of fixtures. I loved the FA Cup as a kid. Can’t stand it now.

Wolves v Utd will be a mauling, that Utd 11 is terrible.
The FA Cup third round is still my favourite weekend of football, like I've mentioned previously, however I can't really disagree with your statement here.

Once again, the matches have been spread out across the day for what you can only suspect is the foreign betting markets and the magic is slowly dwindling.

I know United are suffering from an illness in the camp and the fixtures have been busy, but so many of clubs now show a real disdain for the cup - that can't help!

I could be totally wrong, however I'm sure it said on the radio before (TalkSport) that Callum Wilson had one in twenty-two or a similarly terrible goal to game ratio.

The FA Cup third round is still my favourite weekend of football, like I've mentioned previously, however I can't really disagree with your statement here.

Once again, the matches have been spread out across the day for what you can only suspect is the foreign betting markets and the magic is slowly dwindling.

I know United are suffering from an illness in the camp and the fixtures have been busy, but so many of clubs now show a real disdain for the cup - that can't help!
You summed it up mate. If all the third round cup games were at 3pm and maybe ONE game tomorrow at 4pm, it would be far better. But spreading them all out for tv - sick of it.

You summed it up mate. If all the third round cup games were at 3pm and maybe ONE game tomorrow at 4pm, it would be far better. But spreading them all out for tv - sick of it.
I've just seen the kip of Wolves team as well, which isn't the strongest either: neither side can therefore say that the idea of winning the FA Cup is a priority.

There's currently five games that started at 5.30pm and only one is being broadcast in the UK, so it's not for our benefit and foreign TV/betting must be the answer.

It's the same with the three early kick off fixtures as there's no clashes for police to worry about and two weren't particularly glamours affairs for TV.

This Man Utd team is as uninspiring as it gets, surely they’re not going to give Ole any money to spend in Jan though? He’s as much a “dead man walking” as anyone ever will ever be.

He won’t get another PL job when he gets sacked most likely , which is incredible if you consider he’s probably managing the biggest club in the world.

Whole thing is very very strange at Man Utd, I can’t look past it being the culture/personality of the players. Imagine working with Pogba and Lingard

Whole thing is very very strange at Man Utd, I can’t look past it being the culture/personality of the players. Imagine working with Pogba and Lingard
I posted this back in April and I think most of it still stands.

I believe the issue lies higher with the Glazers rather than actually with Woodward, although to be fair his football related decisions have been poor.

However, his dealings off the pitch, namely incredibly lucrative sponsorship deals, are what they - the owners - love as it keeps lining their rather deep pockets.

Even though they've not been successful on the pitch, they have continued to increase their revenue stream and turnover through the deals he's negotiated.

As long as he keeps increasing their revenue through the numerous deals he signs (some real obscure ones too) then the Glazers will keep him in power.

Nevertheless, his transfer record is horrendous when you consider how much they've spunked on lots of average players who've subsequently been moved on.

I suspect a fair few of his dealings overtime have been based primarily on their image and revenue rather than footballing reasons - Pogba springs to mind.
Since then, they have reported record high revenue (nigh on £630m) for the 2018-29 accounts, although profits will probably be capped by lack of CL football.

As long Woodward keeps squeezing money from advertising and sponsors to feed profits, the Glazers probably aren't too displeased with the lack of titles.

That has meant that the silly money that they've unsuccessfully spent on players and wages has gone unpunished, and certain egos have been allowed to flourish.

Lingard is more bothered about his clothes line, Pogba is taking the piss and some of the other players simply don't look bothered, which mustn't have Olé's job.

I don't think he's a great manager either with some terrible statistics behind him, therefore I suspect the club will continue on its trajectory until it all falls apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back