Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got tanked by Villa in the league cup though.
That team was even a bit worse than what they put out against us but even then Villa scored 4 times from 4 shots in the first half. We could have done that too with better finishing. Doesn't change the fact that if they needed to call up someone to the first team they couldn't probably slot in reasonably well while our players would be completely lost.

The RS ability to bring in these youth players and not skip a beat is exhibit A as to why Unsworth needs to go and someone who will follow the first teams principles and prioritize development over winning needs to be installed.
The youth team last season won the league, v this lot most of them playing like every season his team is dismantled, and sent out on senseless loans two top scoring wingers - Josh went to Hull and they already have a top class winger 4-5 clubs are after - he's hardly played for Hull miles faster than Walcott - Everton that......

The RS ability to bring in these youth players and not skip a beat is exhibit A as to why Unsworth needs to go and someone who will follow the first teams principles and prioritize development over winning needs to be installed.

Youth players playing alongside some quite established RS players to be fair

Adrian 10 appearances for the RS
Matip 83 " "
Lovren 129 " "
Fabhino 42 " "
Origi 82 " "

against a league one outfit......
Don't believe the hype...….

The youth team last season won the league, v this lot most of them playing like every season his team is dismantled, and sent out on senseless loans two top scoring wingers - Josh went to Hull and they already have a top class winger 4-5 clubs are after - he's hardly played for Hull miles faster than Walcott - Everton that......

Hes played 23 times for hull.

Matip 83 " "
Lovren 129 " "
Fabhino 42 " "
Origi 82 " "

I don't believe the hype. My point is they can come in with no game time and play in the system that they always play and be moderately effective. I don't think our players can do that because Unsworth plays his own style in an attempt to win games.

The RS are using the youth games to set players up to be in the first team whether they're good enough or not. We aren't doing that. City do it too.

Matip 83 " "
Lovren 129 " "
Fabhino 42 " "
Origi 82 " "

Indeed.

I've got me head round them walking the league early, that would let them concentrate on CL and maybe even have a proper go at the FA cup as well.
Scary stuff.

I don't believe the hype. My point is they can come in with no game time and play in the system that they always play and be moderately effective. I don't think our players can do that because Unsworth plays his own style in an attempt to win games.

The RS are using the youth games to set players up to be in the first team whether they're good enough or not. We aren't doing that. City do it too.
The club is on the hottest streak probably in its entire existence winning is a habit that is contagious within a club - bringing some youth players in when the club is firing on all cylinders against Shrewsbury is hardly a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back