Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m totally agreed. You don’t see Spurs fans missing him and they thought the price they got was hilarious. All he has is raw pace which was pointless when Southgate inexplicably played him as a CB preventing many real CB’s from getting an England place. There’s better right backs now and with him also being sexually quite deranged you’d expect to see him dropped across the board really.

As for Gareth Southgate don’t get me started...
Never really impressed for the national team but I think he's been excellent for City this season. Disgraceful behaviour either way

Need some oldies knowledge here: what was the crack with Matt Le Tissier? Never actually saw him play in a game but of course seen lots of his worldies online. Decent stats for Saints but only 8 England caps and never moved to a big club?

Was he actually a great player or just someone with the odd screamer in the bag?

Definition of a one club man, pretty much kept Southampton in the league as long as they did

Should have gone to France 98 but Hoddle didn’t seem bothered by him, despite him scoring a hat trick in a B international before the WC

Definition of a one club man, pretty much kept Southampton in the league as long as they did

Should have gone to France 98 but Hoddle didn’t seem bothered by him, despite him scoring a hat trick in a B international before the WC
The bias towards spurs players by England managers in those days was unreal.

Need some oldies knowledge here: what was the crack with Matt Le Tissier? Never actually saw him play in a game but of course seen lots of his worldies online. Decent stats for Saints but only 8 England caps and never moved to a big club?

Was he actually a great player or just someone with the odd screamer in the bag?
Outstanding on his day, but most of his days where at home, should of moved to a bigger club, but I think he enjoyed the big fish thing.Just my opinion.

Only missed one penalty - 47/48.

How good was Harry Kewell? I've got some people telling me that he and Viduka were world class because I suggested Cahill is the best Australian player. It feels like revisionist history to me.

Cahill was brill but personally think Viduka was the better player in his prime.
It seems to me like Viduka and Kewell both had very short primes, like 2 to 3 years at Leeds, so while maybe they peaked higher I think there is something to be said for Cahill doing it for like 8 years.

I had to come ask here because some idiot said Cahill is closer to Jedinak and Mooy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back