Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
German football

Have to wear masks in changing room
Have to stay 2 meters apart in changing room
No pre match handshakes or photos
Subs have to wear masks in dugout and sit 2 seats apart
Can now use 5 subs in a game.

Then the game kicks off and anything goes .... do they not realise how pathetic their safety rules look as soon as the match starts ?

I know a few reds wearing Liverpool kits for the Bundisliga. Christ on a Harley Davidson

I mean, it’s the Bundesliga behind closed doors. Isn’t the whole appeal and gimmick of that league that the fans are dead funny and bounce around a lot?

Watching any sort of football behind closed doors will put you off it. Not like it’s a pre season game where you can laugh about it - these are meant to be serious competitive games

I’ll wager that a tonne of people turn off by half time when they realise how crap/weird it is

@Archie Knox what was the funny bit? you no fan of bundesliga? yeah it may boring with no fans but it is still something these days.

Watching any sort of football behind closed doors will put you off it. Not like it’s a pre season game where you can laugh about it - these are meant to be serious competitive games

I’ll wager that a tonne of people turn off by half time when they realise how crap/weird it is
It’s a step into the unknown but it’s also likely to become commonplace in the next year or so. I suspect we’ll become used to it on some level. However, the test will be when you’ve got skin in the game. Being invested in the outcome of a match. That’s the reality that might be too weird.

Can’t imagine a single person born before the year 2000 is missing footy enough to get hyped over this.

It’s going to be interesting to see if any fans turn up outside the stadiums. Some St. Pauli fans I know where planning on going outside the ground on the 15th March game at the Millentor. They were all planning on standing outside the stadium, singing and drinking before the season got completely shutdown. The German authorities will have a hard time dealing with those fans and be interesting to see how it plays out.

The first game will have a huge tv audience then it will dissipate immediately. Hardly anyone liked watching the bundesliga before hand, that’s not going to change because it’s now behind closed doors and the only show in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back