Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant that in terms of playing good quality football that we were the best in the league in that season. Liverpool's kick and run style had just been introduced by Rodgers (which they still retain under Klopp) and it unbelievably got the plaudits when Everton's style under Martinez: playing through teams at home and playing a rapid counter attack away from home, was the real deal. Arsenal were still a decent team in 2013/14 and we went to the Emirates and bossed them in their own back yard...for example.

There's no point in arguing: when Martinez could get the attention of even a limited bunch of players as Moyes' team, he turned out football from them that matched on occasion the great team of the 80s. That's not been seen since.

He's an inventive coach who plays football the right way. He just couldn't adapt here to players who, ultimatley, couldn't progress from their own limitations.

I know you like winding people up about this, so there's no real point in replying, but I'll do it anyway.

The season before Martinez took over we were playing great football. We were actually in the top 4 at the start of the season. Things took a downturn because the squad was small and inevitably Darren Gibson missed half of it through injury, and things got a bit weird because Moyes wasn't signing a new contract. But to describe that team as yard dogs is ridiculous. They played some great football, mixed it with a bit of passion and were actually fit enough to play football for 90 mins. Martinez 100% relied on that basis for his one good season, before his influence started a horrible rot.

Usually @Wizard ’s bag this in the kit threads but this kit is getting huge amounts of hate but I think it’s brilliant. Love a bit of Paisley myself:

View attachment 87620
That's terrible, like really terrible.
Jordan Ibe getting released by Bournemouth.

Convinced money laundering was involved in that deal. Absurd price.
They paid £19m for Solanke two years later as well, and both have contributed the grand total of three league goals between them.

Jordan Ibe getting released by Bournemouth.

Convinced money laundering was involved in that deal. Absurd price.

The south coast clubs have been doing it for ages. Taking their absolute dross off their hands for huge prices: Ings, Ibe, Solanke, Wilson. Whilst gifting them Mane for 30 mill the other way. Then they conveniently give away penalties and goalkeeping errors whenever they play Liverpool. The sooner Brighton Bournemouth and Southampton go down the better. Bournemouth especially, a club full of kopites turning up like it’s the World Cup final against us and City then getting battered for four or five without even trying when they play Liverpool.

I know you like winding people up about this, so there's no real point in replying, but I'll do it anyway.

The season before Martinez took over we were playing great football. We were actually in the top 4 at the start of the season. Things took a downturn because the squad was small and inevitably Darren Gibson missed half of it through injury, and things got a bit weird because Moyes wasn't signing a new contract. But to describe that team as yard dogs is ridiculous. They played some great football, mixed it with a bit of passion and were actually fit enough to play football for 90 mins. Martinez 100% relied on that basis for his one good season, before his influence started a horrible rot.
Ha Ha Ha.

HOOF!!!!!!

Ha Ha Ha.

HOOF!!!!!!
We hoofed it to lukaku many a time.

I remember ross Barkley hoofing it to him in a Martinez Derby before having to run 50 yards to get the knock on from him.

Alternatively I remember lukaku having to run in and out of a defence because we were passing it sidewards 20 yards away from him in the second season.

I remember our exciting football leaking goals on the third season and failing to beat anyone outside the bottom 3 for 6 months of the season.

We hoofed it to lukaku many a time.

I remember ross Barkley hoofing it to him in a Martinez Derby before having to run 50 yards to get the knock on from him.

Alternatively I remember lukaku having to run in and out of a defence because we were passing it sidewards 20 yards away from him in the second season.

I remember our exciting football leaking goals on the third season and failing to beat anyone outside the bottom 3 for 6 months of the season.
We played more football under Martinez in three seasons than the eleven years that Moyes destroyed the culturer of Everton and made us synonymous for many outsiders with a hoofball approach.

That's terrible, like really terrible.

They paid £19m for Solanke two years later as well, and both have contributed the grand total of three league goals between them.

Liverpool incentivise deals heavily, and also pay agents massively to do deals. Give how little either has played, the price will probably be half what is advertised, and they will have probably paid 5m+ for agents on both deals. Of course for net spend FC this won't be factored in to their amateur accounting.

The south coast clubs have been doing it for ages. Taking their absolute dross off their hands for huge prices: Ings, Ibe, Solanke, Wilson. Whilst gifting them Mane for 30 mill the other way. Then they conveniently give away penalties and goalkeeping errors whenever they play Liverpool. The sooner Brighton Bournemouth and Southampton go down the better. Bournemouth especially, a club full of kopites turning up like it’s the World Cup final against us and City then getting battered for four or five without even trying when they play Liverpool.

In fairness mate,most Southampton fans can't stand them. They also robbed Liverpool of about 50m (back when that was a lot of money) for dross like Lallana and Lovren. Point taken on Mane though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back