Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they say Prem clubs wont be spending dough lol

worth a punt on Tammy Abraham?

Those with wealthy owners will be. Those with American owners won't be. Liverpool won't be. Spurs have confirmed as things stand they look to lose £200m at this point. LIverpool will be losing more (as far higher expenditure). They will have to borrow from the commercial market though, at 15-20% interest to get a bridging loan.

So yes they wont be signing Werner, as has been stated continually on here.

Chelsea created so many chances this season and lacked a natural finisher. If he does sign, along with Ziyech and Pulisic then that gives them so much more threat.

Never mind City, Chelsea will be the team to dominate over the next few years, esp if they tie up Chilwell too which they are apparently close to.

Chilwell, James, Tomori, Gilmour, Mount, CHO, RLC and Pulisic all under 23.

They are building a great squad too. Above them you have Barkley, Zouma, Rudiger, Kovacic, Jorginho, all coming into their prime. Not world class, but all good solid players.

You need more than 1 striker mate - Kean and Tosun are utter tosh.

If we qualify for europe after these 9 games (unlikely I know) we'll need atleast 4 decent strikers considering we play 2 up top every game.
I think Kean has something there still. Whether it works out time will tell...

But yeah agreed Tosun is tosh.

Those with wealthy owners will be. Those with American owners won't be. Liverpool won't be. Spurs have confirmed as things stand they look to lose £200m at this point. LIverpool will be losing more (as far higher expenditure). They will have to borrow from the commercial market though, at 15-20% interest to get a bridging loan.

That £175m loan that Spurs need is extraordinary. Stadium aside, they would not have had such a credit line ever, even accounting for inflation.

And its been only 3 months of no football. They are essentially borrowing to pay debts and wages. That is never a good picture.

Makes me laugh when people say we are skint and LFC can easily outspend us - their owners are chancers who got lucky with Klopp.

Show us the money UZ

That £175m loan that Spurs need is extraordinary. Stadium aside, they would not have had such a credit line ever, even accounting for inflation.

And its been only 3 months of no football. They are essentially borrowing to pay debts and wages. That is never a good picture.

Yes I agree with all of that mate. What happens if football stadiums don't open up next season at all? Or they don't get Europe? Or stadiums can only be partially opened? Or sponsors just stop renewing (or negotiate down deals)?

It is a great deal on interest, but my understanding from businesses I'm speaking to is those loans are pretty prohibitive if not paid back-ie they will be coming after your home if you haven't paid back. They still have to find a way of paying back 170 odd million in 1 year. I can only see them being able to do that with player sales. They probably think they can get a big fee for Kane (I am doubtful of that).

This is the new normal though, for Arsenal and Liverpool who have similar issues but probably more desperate owners given where America is at. United too, but they do have cash reserves of up to £300m which can be burnt through.

Either way, canaries are sounding in the mines now.

Glad the RS didn't get Werner but Chelsea are a fairly close second in teams i hate

The thing is for me...how does Werner get into that RS team? Just seemed he'd be an upgrade to Origi on the bench cos he'd not be shifting Mane, Firmino, Salah up top by any stretch

I think the lad is overrated personally at the moment, but he's made the better choice to go to Chelsea due to getting actual game time.

The thing is for me...how does Werner get into that RS team? Just seemed he'd be an upgrade to Origi on the bench cos he'd not be shifting Mane, Firmino, Salah up top by any stretch

I think the lad is overrated personally at the moment, but he's made the better choice to go to Chelsea due to getting actual game time.
I think he was planned as the firmino replacement centrally. Different type but that's the player closest to the edge in that front line I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back