Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been following all the stuff that is happening at Charlton. What an absolutely horrible rat that Lyle Taylor is.

I do understand the reaction but always felt we would face situations like this. I saw he has had 15 clubs in his career. He's probably made decent money out of the game, but probably has a life changing contract waiting for him at the end of this. I'd imagine he's averaged maybe 150k p/a for his career thus far (that may be generous, given he's played a lot of none league). So over 10 years maybe taken home £750k (after tax) You throw in costs of relocation etc and in honesty he's probably got a nice car, rented some nice places but in all honesty won't have much to show.

We are led to believe Celtic and even potentially a PL club are interested. He may well get say a 3-4 year deal worth 15-20k per annum. So essentially he will take him (after tax) a couple of million. Maybe there's a sign on bonus of a few hundred thousand as well. You can buy a nice property (and maybe a couple of extra ones) invest prudently and essentially make sure you are secure for the rest of your life off that. Thats the choice he has. It's easy to see why he's taking that decision.

Ultimately football is to blame for starting this farce off, and not acknowledging, re-starting with key players missing for some teams is grossly unfair

The thing is for me...how does Werner get into that RS team? Just seemed he'd be an upgrade to Origi on the bench cos he'd not be shifting Mane, Firmino, Salah up top by any stretch

I think the lad is overrated personally at the moment, but he's made the better choice to go to Chelsea due to getting actual game time.
And not getting automatically cast as a reprehensible cheat.

Is he out of contract this month?

I believe so, I think he’s wrong imo to refuse to play if the Championship comes back, essentially slapping the faces of the Charlton fans that adore him but at the same time I can see his reasonings as if he gets injured at any point it could jeopardise a move to another club

I do understand the reaction but always felt we would face situations like this. I saw he has had 15 clubs in his career. He's probably made decent money out of the game, but probably has a life changing contract waiting for him at the end of this. I'd imagine he's averaged maybe 150k p/a for his career thus far (that may be generous, given he's played a lot of none league). So over 10 years maybe taken home £750k (after tax) You throw in costs of relocation etc and in honesty he's probably got a nice car, rented some nice places but in all honesty won't have much to show.

We are led to believe Celtic and even potentially a PL club are interested. He may well get say a 3-4 year deal worth 15-20k per annum. So essentially he will take him (after tax) a couple of million. Maybe there's a sign on bonus of a few hundred thousand as well. You can buy a nice property (and maybe a couple of extra ones) invest prudently and essentially make sure you are secure for the rest of your life off that. Thats the choice he has. It's easy to see why he's taking that decision.

Ultimately football is to blame for starting this farce off, and not acknowledging, re-starting with key players missing for some teams is grossly unfair

I doubt Celtic can even pay that kind of money

I believe so, I think he’s wrong imo to refuse to play if the Championship comes back, essentially slapping the faces of the Charlton fans that adore him but at the same time I can see his reasonings as if he gets injured at any point it could jeopardise a move to another club

If hes under contract then he should play for me. But if his contract runs out before the end of (extended) season, then he is free to leave at that point and not extend till after the final game.

Don't think he'll go to Celtic because he's been linked with Rangers before and said some things that wouldn't win him over at Paradise.

Out of contract but apparently he told them he'd re-sign, didn't and has now left them like this.

They've got other players who are out of contract but willing to play. He's a horrible rat so hope he ends up in a skip.

I don't think any player should be forced to extend a contract to finish the season although youd hope players would.

But while he's still under contract, it's hard to defend not playing.

Out of contract but apparently he told them he'd re-sign, didn't and has now left them like this.

They've got other players who are out of contract but willing to play. He's a horrible rat so hope he ends up in a skip.
It’s completely his choice and I don’t blame him for not taking the risk. He’s 30 and if he picked up a major injury he’d end up with no contract and possibly finished. He wants the security of a new long term deal and he must have had some offers hence why he’s not going to risk it. Easy calling him a rat without wearing his shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back