Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Brands said Bergwijn wouldn't make it in a top league another pearl from our world class DOF lol

No.

I remember him saying :

“Thirty million for Hirving and twenty million for Steven, we are not going to pay that much, and for Richarlison we have indeed paid a lot of money, but he is 21 years old and has already proven himself in the Premier League (at Watford FC). He is likely to deliver twice as much, but I do not know about Lozano and Bergwijn.

”If Lozano would cost twenty million, I would consider it, but at higher rates we are looking at players who have already proven it in the Premier League or in another big league.”

At no point did he say he wouldn't make it, he just considered them a risk.

How is that move working out for Lozano?

Fernandes is going to shoot a bunch so your keeper has to be ready to not screw it up, which of course Pickford wasn't.

Ziyech will present a similar problem next season.

Just meant in the PL

Fair enough mate - still dont think he's anywhere near that unless he continues to develop and improve his finishing.

Although im skeptical on the notion that finishing is something that can be coached- I've always thought slotting is a natural ability that can be built on but I dont think DCL ultimately has that ruthlessness in his locker.

Fair enough mate - still dont think he's anywhere near that unless he continues to develop and improve his finishing.

Although im skeptical on the notion that finishing is something that can be coached- I've always said slotting is a natural ability that can be built on but I dont think DCL ultimately has that ruthlessness in his locker.
Honestly he can be a below average finisher and still score 20 goals if he keeps getting into the positions he has been.

Watching the training videos though, it looks like he knows he has to improve his shot and he has over even the last 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back