Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are going to make the CL with Abraham and did last year with Giroud.

Point being you need good players across the board and we have Richarlison and DCL at a borderline CL level at worst and a midfield and defense stuck somewhere between mid-table and the championship. Where should we spend?

And also Pickford.

Yeah but look at their midfield, it is infinitely better than ours. Kante, kovacic, Willian, RLC, pulasic and Jorginho would all walk into our team, so it’s little wonder Abraham has a decent return. Giroud is a good player and is excellent at leading the line alone, his movement is top class. He’s just old.

I think I’d have to say I disagree about dcl being borderline cl level. He wouldn’t get close to any CL teams (in my opinion, and like arseholes we all have one). Richarlison must be kept at all costs, so I’m with you on that.

We need about 8 players to be honest so I don’t envy brands and Carlo’s position this summer. Ill drive Pickford to his next club if we get anything near 20m for him.

EDIT: Just to be clear I don’t hate dcl, I love his work ethic and how he loves the club, I just don’t think he’ll be good enough. I’d love him to prove me wrong.

Yeah but look at their midfield, it is infinitely better than ours. Kante, kovacic, Willian, RLC, pulasic and Jorginho would all walk into our team, so it’s little wonder Abraham has a decent return. Giroud is a good player and is excellent at leading the line alone, his movement is top class. He’s just old.

I think I’d have to say I disagree about dcl being borderline cl level. He wouldn’t get close to any CL teams (in my opinion, and like arseholes we all have one). Richarlison must be kept at all costs, so I’m with you on that.

We need about 8 players to be honest so I don’t envy brands and Carlo’s position this summer. Ill drive Pickford to his next club if we get anything near 20m for him.
I think by the end of the season most people will be fine with DCL because he isn't about to stop scoring. He's going to end up pretty close to 20 goals at 23 and that isn't a player you give up on.

But the first paragraph is my point, we have to improve everywhere so you have to think long and hard about how much we should spend on our better positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back