Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should give him time mate. Greenwood's at the club where he's grown up and knows his surroundings and team mates, in his home town etc. Kean moved to a different country and is adapting to a new style of football. Kean's record at Juve was not dissimilar to Greenwood's to be fair. Not saying he'll deffo make it but not a cop out to give him more time IMO

Problem is the Italian league is chalk and cheese to the Premier League - look at how many players have come over from there and flopped including Shevchenko who was top drawer over there.

The Italian league is alot slower/less demanding so when people say Kean looked good at a team like Juve surrounded by world class players that doesnt convince me he'll step up in a faster/more physically demanding league with much less quality team mates.

Good points. He usually takes a while to get back into his stride. Son also way off the pace today.

I wouldn’t judge any player based on the charade both players and fans are having foisted on them over the next month or so.

No one is going to be going full tilt in a series of behind closed doors ptactice games.

Except for one group of weirdos, of course.

Problem is the Italian league is chalk and cheese to the Premier League - look at how many players have come over from there and flopped including Shevchenko who was top drawer over there.

The Italian league is alot slower/less demanding so when people say Kean looked good at a team like Juve surrounded by world class players that doesnt convince me he'll step up in a faster/more physically demanding league with much less quality team mates.
Yeah that's true mate, completely different league. I'm gonna wait a bit longer before I judge him though. Some players come good after year or so adapting to English football. He might see more game time now with all the rotation going on which might help him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back