Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i think of Souness I think of this.
I'm sure it was our own Kevin Campbell who called out how racist Turkish footy was. Again, I maybe wrong ?

Absolutely, but if he meant Galatasaray then he'd have said it without a second thought - but here you could see him trying really hard not to say something that would lead to identifying what clubs / directors it was or prompt the Sky bloke to ask who it was (though that bloke was a knob).

well done to him, its sickened me that banner and I honestly don't feel its a tiny minority in this country.

This.

I've got a mate on Facebook who's a kopite and he's been getting some flak for calling out other reds for saying "all lives matter" etc.

Hopefully this time anti racism campaigns have built enough momentum and won't just fade as they appear to in the past.

This.

I've got a mate on Facebook who's a kopite and he's been getting some flak for calling out other reds for saying "all lives matter" etc.

Hopefully this time anti racism campaigns have built enough momentum and won't just fade as they appear to in the past.

Tbh that slogan would have ultimately got alot more universal support than the current slogan.

The current slogan worked for the George Floyd murder and the issue with racism within the police forces in the USA - sadly once you stick with that slogan universally you get whites, asians, indians etc. Come out with "why do black lives matter more than ours?"

Yes you'll get racist idiots fuming at BLM in general but I just think a better slogan/movement could have evolved in the aftermath of the George Floyd incident as ultimately to achieve an end to racism regardless of what colour is the perpetrator and what colour is the victim - all lives have to matter equally.

Tbh that slogan would have ultimately got alot more universal support than the current slogan.

The current slogan worked for the George Floyd murder and the issue with racism within the police forces in the USA - sadly once you stick with that slogan universally you get whites, asians, indians etc. Come out with "why do black lives matter more than ours?"

Yes you'll get racist idiots fuming at BLM in general but I just think a better slogan/movement could have evolved in the aftermath of the George Floyd incident as ultimately to achieve an end to racism regardless of what colour is the perpetrator and what colour is the victim - all lives have to matter equally.
1592863381279.webp

So how does the slogan black lives matter reach out to an asian victim of racism?

BLM is a message solely born from police brutality in the US towards blacks in the wake of the George Floyd murder - BLM has since gone world wide and is now a political entity - whilst the message is still a right one it ultimately is divisive in itself long term in regards of the movements aims to try and end racism in general.

Last edited:
Burnley Football Club strongly condemns the actions of those responsible for the aircraft and offensive banner that flew over The Etihad Stadium on Monday evening.

We wish to make it clear that those responsible are not welcome at Turf Moor.

This, in no way, represents what Burnley Football Club stands for and we will work fully with the authorities to identify those responsible and issue lifetime bans.

The club has a proud record of working with all genders, religions and faiths through its award-winning Community scheme, and stands against racism of any kind.

We are fully behind the Premier League’s Black Lives Matter initiative and, in line with all other Premier League games undertaken since Project Restart, our players and football staff willingly took the knee at kick-off at Manchester City.

We apologise unreservedly to the Premier League, to Manchester City and to all those helping to promote Black Lives Matter.
Who is playing tomorrow.

Absolutely, but if he meant Galatasaray then he'd have said it without a second thought - but here you could see him trying really hard not to say something that would lead to identifying what clubs / directors it was or prompt the Sky bloke to ask who it was (though that bloke was a knob).

Soumess is chatting wham - he defo saw the racist crap Howard Gayle got from that grock smith ( and others) so it was Defo goin on over at Mordor in the changies, and most likely in the boardroom while he was there - he's still a fully paid up member of the cult and is covering them by not saying too much. He most likely saw stuff in Turkey and at Rangers as well, the gobshite.

Who is playing tomorrow.
Leicester v Brighton 6pm
Spurs v West Ham 8.15

Wed
us at 6pm
Newcastle v Aston Villa 6pm
Man utd v Sheff utd 6pm - free on Pick
Wolves v Bournemouth 6pm
Liverpool v Palace 8.15

Thursday
Saints v Arsenal 6pm
Burnley v Watford 6pm
Chelsea v Man City 8.15

If Liverpool win and city dont,the title is officially done

Leicester v Brighton 6pm
Spurs v West Ham 8.15

Wed
us at 6pm
Newcastle v Aston Villa 6pm
Man utd v Sheff utd 6pm - free on Pick
Wolves v Bournemouth 6pm
Liverpool v Palace 8.15

Thursday
Saints v Arsenal 6pm
Burnley v Watford 6pm
Chelsea v Man City 8.15

If Liverpool win and city dont,the title is officially done
Thank you for all this mate when is city next game.

I think they missed Laporte quite badly. They look much more solid at the back with him.

Crazy they didn't buy a centre back to replace Kompany to start with..... Losing Laporte than really effected them....Pep knew last season he couldn't trust Stones or Otamendi so not replacing Kompany has ultimately handed Liverpool the league...real shame City didnt get VVD before Liverpool did, the last 2 seasons would have been much different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back