Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said they were in a good position to compete with the top 6 and probably better to do so than Everton.

Shouted down by the clever people, of course. :coffee:

@MarcelsGoat

We’d be getting criticised for a draw away at this Chelsea. I don’t see it as a barometer for Leicester being successful. I like Leicester’s squad but I think Rodgers is an inconsistent manager.

Far too early to call.

Perhaps once Delph, Gbamin, Iwobi, Kean and Sidibe have bedded in we can judge more clearly.

The loss of McGuire is huge for them.
Maguire is top quality. They have Söyüncü slotting in though, and he's going to be a very good CB.

They carry a lot more threat than we do right now, thats for sure.

We’d be getting criticised for a draw away at this Chelsea. I don’t see it as a barometer for Leicester being successful. I like Leicester’s squad but I think Rodgers is an inconsistent manager.

He is a more established and successful manager than Uniteds and Chelseas combined and times 10.

Hardly a ringing endorsement, granted, but we live in a weird age, PL football wise.

A draw away there is still a good result.

I also think Rodgers is a decent manager. He's learned his lesson in the first year at Liverpool that you can overdo the possession football he brought with him from Swansea...which he inherited from RM, btw.

Maguire is top quality. They have Söyüncü slottring in though, and he's going to be a very good CB.

They carry a lot more threat than we do right now, thats for sure.

As of today yes.

But once Richarlison, Kean and Iwobi get into a groove I think we are stronger.

Bernard played well yesterday too.

As of today yes.

But once Richarlison, Kean and Iwobi get into a groove I think we are stronger.

Bernard played well yesterday too.
Iwobi has to prove himself; Bernard is hardly prolific.

Kean and Richarlison will be a handful for anyone though.

Tielemans for them is a key player and he's better than Sigurdsson, for sure.

Iwobi has to prove himself; Bernard is hardly prolific.

Kean and Richarlison will be a handful for anyone though.

Tielemans for them is a key player and he's better than Sigurdsson, for sure.

Sigurdsson should have had 2 assists yesterday but for Richarlison's 50p headers.

A draw away there is still a good result.

I also think Rodgers is a decent manager. He's learned his lesson in the first year at Liverpool that you can overdo the possession football he brought with him from Swansea...which he inherited from RM, btw.

Hope everyone remembers that when we play them. I seem to remember people bemoaning the fact we couldn’t win away there after a 0-0 at Stamford Bridge last season.

I think Gerrard et al dictated to him exactly how Liverpool would play in that second season. The third season failed because he thought he was untouchable and went back to the slow possession game that he’s based his career on. He’s a decent manager but I don’t see him teaming the top 6 with this squad. I don’t see him as that much of an upgrade on Puel to be honest and I’d have Silva over him any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back