Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't decide how good Jesus is. He's clearly got a lot about him, but also playing striker in this team is a pretty straightforward job.

Are you comparing him to Aguero in this side ? Who would have scored at least 2 today.
Yeah exactly. Iheanacho, who I think is still an alright player, looked like a potential 20 goal a season player for them. I can't say where Jesus falls exactly but I'm just not sure he's as elite as this team makes it look.

That's a very subjective thing.

Salah doesn't press like Firmino and Mane, fair enough, but he also does enough and he's more creative than Mane too. I mean this started last year when Mane had one assist for the season. I just don't get it.

Personally I think it is down to people finding Mane more likable and I get that, but I try to ignore that when talking about their ability.

It's more down to styles that ability. Mane can take a game by the scruff, Salah rarely does. You see Mane in either box and defending. You don't with Salah.

They've won the title this year, yet most people would say Mane had been the more standout compared to Salah this year. That's not slighting him either but it's more down to who would be voted player of the year for example.

It's more down to styles that ability. Mane can take a game by the scruff, Salah rarely does. You see Mane in either box and defending. You don't with Salah.

They've won the title this year, yet most people would say Mane had been the more standout compared to Salah this year. That's not slighting him either but it's more down to who would be voted player of the year for example.
That doesn't matter to me. They're the main attackers in the team, their job is to score and create and the better player at that is Mohamed Salah.

The take the game by the scruff stuff to me is sort of like the makes the team tick thing in that no one really knows what it is exactly but they can just say it to add some kind of ability onto what a player does. So if that's what you see, so be it, but I don't put stock in that kind of stuff.

Painful watching this...Prem football? Stuff it....11 men behind the ball and 1 chance from a City mistake ...'Koff Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back