Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gabriel Jesus is one of the main reasons city where so far behind this season because he misses so many chances. He infuriates me sometimes in front of goal but look how hard he works when city are not in possession. He works like a trojan to close the opposition centre backs and full backs. Why can't DCL do that? Is it because he's not as good an athlete or is it our fitness levels and if so, why?

As good as Jesus is I dont think he's good enough for a truly elite side like City, Barca, Real.

I think he would excel at a club like Wolves or dare I say us who's trying to build something - him and Richarlison up top together would be a great story - two young Brazilians trying to wake a sleeping giant.

As good as Jesus is I dont think he's good enough for a truly elite side like City, Barca, Real.

I think he would excel at a club like Wolves or dare I say us who's trying to build something - him and Richarlison up top together would be a great story - two young Brazilians trying to wake a sleeping giant.
I wouldn't disagree with that mate

Weird because they won the league practically without him last season
That is true. I think another year on the legs of the likes of Fernandinho, Silva and Aguero has certainly taken their respective levels down a bit. Also Kompany not might have been much at that point but they also didn't do anything to replace him which thinned out the backline further.

They've scored 14 more goals than Liverpool, Too many defensive errors and reliance on KdB.
Yes, I agree but how many times at 0-0 or 0-1 did Jesus miss chances and games my have been drawn or won. Yes their defence has been poor at times. But its the truly great goal scorers who turn losses into draws and draws into wins.

So if KdB didn't play the whole season City would be worse than Saints or Wolves? That's acceptable for that squad?

KDB and Sergio are head and shoulders above everything they have.

Especially now that Sane has gone and David Silva is going.

If you want me to evaluate Citys transfers? They have been quite wasteful Mahrez is a good player, now and again and Wee Raheem is a player, but they spent 100m on Mendy and Walker.

I think Gabriel Jesus is one of the main reasons city where so far behind this season because he misses so many chances. He infuriates me sometimes in front of goal but look how hard he works when city are not in possession. He works like a trojan to close the opposition centre backs and full backs. Why can't DCL do that? Is it because he's not as good an athlete or is it our fitness levels and if so, why?
Because he isn't isolated up front like DCL, City throw men forward quickly and in numbers while we Expect Dom and Richie to do it all somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back