Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckled when I heard the Five Live sports commentator remark on Southampton's fitness levels even at 96 minutes.
"Southampton were still running like spring chickens even late into the game. I don't know what the Southampton manager puts in their drinks, but I'd like some of it??"
I know he's Austrian, but that's close enough to Germany where their managers seem to have access to special tonics, nudge nudge, wink wink.:coffee:

Chuckled when I heard the Five Live sports commentator remark on Southampton's fitness levels even at 96 minutes.
"Southampton were still running like spring chickens even late into the game. I don't know what the Southampton manager puts in their drinks, but I'd like some of it??"
I know he's Austrian, but that's close enough to Germany where their managers seem to have access to special tonics, nudge nudge, wink wink.:coffee:

All except 'poor' Norwich's managerial supremo that is. ;)

Tbh Solskjaer is now getting an awful lot right.

Olé at the wheel is now well on the way to passing his driving test.

(As an aside how bad was that VAR decision last night?

Romeu should have seen red all day long and banned for a very long time, season ending malicious tackle. ex Southampton player and number one Southampton fan didn't think the Southampton player should have been off but everyone else did - apart that is from the VAR official, but they've been letting so much go recently that that's hardly notable)
A team like Man U need to be able to overcome decisions like that if they're to be genuinely competitive, and generally have had a fair amount of favour from refs most of the time this season. It's a bit like Arsenal fans crying over Nketiah being sent off against Leicester while Vardy wasn't, the "if only" argument that shouldn't be used to gloss over a not-great performance. Maybe the more important question is why players like Fernandes, Pogba and Greenwood weren't at their best last night?

I'm also not sure how much of their progress is down to the manager. They were dreadful before spending big on a Rolls Royce creative player who turned their season around, something other clubs apart from the very richest really aren't able to do. Their forwards seem to have a lot more chemistry now but I'm still not sure they're ready for the big time in a tactical sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back