Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's all hindsight. Imagine if they lost Rudiger, Zouma and Christensen for a long time and didn't have change to replace.
They genuinely would still have Azpilicueta and Tomori which is a top 5 CB pairing. The Chelsea squad is very good and was not in any way difficult for Lampard to get a pretty modest point return from.

They genuinely would still have Azpilicueta and Tomori which is a top 5 CB pairing. The Chelsea squad is very good and was not in any way difficult for Lampard to get a pretty modest point return from.

Well no one knew if Tomori would step up to PL and no one knew if James could play RB so again, you're using hindsight.

Hence lots of actual Chelsea fans last Summer had low expectations for the season.

The possibility of an all Welsh play off final is still on the cards.
I’m sure that would have kicked right off if fans were allowed as well.

I really dont want Cardiff back in the Prem though. Awful club.

The possibility of an all Welsh play off final is still on the cards.
I’m sure that would have kicked right off if fans were allowed as well.

I really dont want Cardiff back in the Prem though. Awful club.

I'd like Brentford to be promoted. Just because it would be different.

I get what you mean with Cardiff.

I think all 4 of the play off side's would struggle if promoted.

Brentford have had their chances and blown them.
They were robbed by a shocking Ref last night though.

Well no one knew if Tomori would step up to PL and no one knew if James could play RB so again, you're using hindsight.

Hence lots of actual Chelsea fans last Summer had low expectations for the season.
I suppose but your scenario also called for 3 CBs picking up long term injuries so we are playing on the margins here aren't we? I'm just not into acting like they had a bad squad and Lampard turned water into wine. Same with Solskjaer at United. They both are doing what they should be and that is fine. It's just that next year especially for Lampard what he should accomplish is a lot higher of a bar and I still have questions if he's all the way ready.

I suppose but your scenario also called for 3 CBs picking up long term injuries so we are playing on the margins here aren't we? I'm just not into acting like they had a bad squad and Lampard turned water into wine. Same with Solskjaer at United. They both are doing what they should be and that is fine. It's just that next year especially for Lampard what he should accomplish is a lot higher of a bar and I still have questions if he's all the way ready.

Never suggested Chelsea had a bad squad but they also had to stand still whilst other teams around them could spend and strengthen. We've seen how far that puts us behind when we thought we were on the cusp of breaking through.

You just hate Lampard because he doesn't start your love child every game. Same way you hated Nagelsmann for not playing Lookman.

Never suggested Chelsea had a bad squad but they also had to stand still whilst other teams around them could spend and strengthen. We've seen how far that puts us behind when we thought we were on the cusp of breaking through.

You just hate Lampard because he doesn't start your love child every game. Same way you hated Nagelsmann for not playing Lookman.
Pulisic being a part of that team though is exactly why the standing still argument doesn't hold water.

I don't hate Lampard, I just hate the media's rush to crown him the next big thing when IMO he hasn't even moved the club forward yet.

Pulisic being a part of that team though is exactly why the standing still argument doesn't hold water.

I don't hate Lampard, I just hate the media's rush to crown him the next big thing when IMO he hasn't even moved the club forward yet.

Dunno if Lampard is a good manager. Derby seemed to do better w/ him. IMO he did a few things well though. He didn't really run his young players into the ground. Also kind of went in the w/ the mindset of this club isn't winning the league but hell we could at least be fun.

Dunno if Lampard is a good manager. Derby seemed to do better w/ him. IMO he did a few things well though. He didn't really run his young players into the ground. Also kind of went in the w/ the mindset of this club isn't winning the league but hell we could at least be fun.
The Derby thing is also personnel related though, as they had Tomori, Mount and the RS lad Wilson on loan and they were all key players, but none came back and best I can tell they weren't really replaced unless you count Curtis Davies as a replacement.

I agree though. My position is firmly I really don't know if he is good or not but the prevailing attitude seems to be this season proved that he is good, and I don't see it that way.

I have a feeling that whoever gets promoted via the playoffs & West Brom are going occupy 2 of the PL relegation spots next year.

Cardiff would pull a Norwich, not really spend the money and improve the squad, bore everyone to death, go straight back down and trouser the parachute checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back