Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAFC, an MLS side, have two midfielders playing tonight that are better than Tom Davies who started 23 premier league games this season. That’s grim.

Cristian Roldan for Seattle is probably better too.

Too bad this is airing in the middle of the night in Europe because I think this will end up being the highest quality game of the tournament.

Cristian Roldan for Seattle is probably better too.

Too bad this is airing in the middle of the night in Europe because I think this will end up being the highest quality game of the tournament.
Agreed on Roldan, though I think he’s in MLS for the long haul. This really has been a good watch so far. Seems like LAFC are just trying to outscore everyone this tournament while throwing caution to the wind. Not quite what I’m used to from a Bob Bradley side, but i guess you can do that when you have the most talent.

Bournemouth considering compensation claim over costly hawk eye error in favour of Villa (vs Sheff Utd) when all cameras had their view obscured and the goalmouth technology didn't work for the first time ever.

Not sure they've got much of a case tbh, as just something beyond normal chance considering the probability of it happening, and could easily just be compared to hundreds of errors with referree decisions and the interpretation of the VAR technology being error strewn. Just extremely unfortunate that only that point was the difference between going down and staying up.

Bournemouth considering compensation claim over costly hawk eye error in favour of Villa (vs Sheff Utd) when all cameras had their view obscured and the goalmouth technology didn't work for the first time ever.

Not sure they've got much of a case tbh, as just something beyond normal chance considering the probability of it happening, and could easily just be compared to hundreds of errors with referree decisions and the interpretation of the VAR technology being error strewn. Just extremely unfortunate that only that point was the difference between going down and staying up.

You could also argue that Villa's approach to the remainder of that game where it occurred (vs Sheff U) would have been different had it stood as possibly would have been their approach to subsequent games.

They have a case in that hawk eye publically apologised for the error and could make a claim against both them and the prem league. They've compared it to the Carlos Tevez incident years ago (for West Ham) but unlikely to succeed I reckon

So would Bournemouth be level on points and goal difference without that point vs Shef U? Would it have gone on goals scored or something to see who would have stayed up?

So would Bournemouth be level on points and goal difference without that point vs Shef U? Would it have gone on goals scored or something to see who would have stayed up?

Yes and goal difference ended Bournemouth -25 beating Villa -26 (or -27 if that goal had stood)

Years ago when the controversial Carlos Tevez (West Ham) affair was concluded, the aggrieved club who went down then (by coincidence) was none other than Sheff Utd who ended up winning £20 million in compensation and any such award would be that much more today with the even greater amounts at stake, worth pursuing if the lawyers reckon they'd win.

You could also argue that Villa's approach to the remainder of that game where it occurred (vs Sheff U) would have been different had it stood as possibly would have been their approach to subsequent games.

They have a case in that hawk eye publically apologised for the error and could make a claim against both them and the prem league. They've compared it to the Carlos Tevez incident years ago (for West Ham) but unlikely to succeed I reckon

I think they got a payout of £20m over the Carlos Tevez affair. Not a lot when compared to being relegated but worth a few quid to bring a legal case against them and quickly settle for a decent payout amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back