Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atuesta and Kaye were the two I was referring to. Tom Davies Isn’t a PL level player either so that’s not a pre-req for my statement, though I really do think Kaye is quite good. Atuesta won’t be there after this year. I’m guessing Spain for him.

I would take MAK over every current central MF we have except for Gomes, and when he's off (as he tends to be every 3 or 4 matches) Kaye is miles better.

Atuesta and Kaye were the two I was referring to. Tom Davies Isn’t a PL level player either so that’s not a pre-req for my statement, though I really do think Kaye is quite good. Atuesta won’t be there after this year. I’m guessing Spain for him.
I don't rate Kaye that highly at all. He's got the tools, but a couple of the games in this tournament he's struggled to use the ball and especially to move it quickly enough. I don't think he could step up to a quicker game easily.

And Davies for all his flaws would handle MLS quite easily. I like LAFC but lets not use them to disparage Tom from yet another angle.

I don't rate Kaye that highly at all. He's got the tools, but a couple of the games in this tournament he's struggled to use the ball and especially to move it quickly enough. I don't think he could step up to a quicker game easily.

And Davies for all his flaws would handle MLS quite easily. I like LAFC but lets not use them to disparage Tom from yet another angle.
I really don’t think he’d stand out. Same as if you him to a championship club. He’d be a starter for sure, but he’s not going to be a difference maker. Doesn’t excel at anything.

I really don’t think he’d stand out. Same as if you him to a championship club. He’d be a starter for sure, but he’s not going to be a difference maker. Doesn’t excel at anything.
I still think Tom's best position is as a box to box player who isn't the main creator and also isn't the best defender. Let him do some of each and use his energy to try and make an impact pressing. It isn't a sexy role so no he probably would never stand out but I think he'd be easily one of the best midfielders in the league doing it.

The football has been dreadful tonight but the way that MLS and ESPN broadcast the conversation between the referee and the VAR official was great. Clear transparency and direct communication for the viewers.

MLS officiating is miles better than the PL, which is just sad.

The football has been dreadful tonight but the way that MLS and ESPN broadcast the conversation between the referee and the VAR official was great. Clear transparency and direct communication for the viewers.

MLS officiating is miles better than the PL, which is just sad.

That’s hilarious because we think MLS refs are proper crap! I think we do VAR a million times better, though. A lot more common sense applied, and we have decades of experience with video review in other sports.

This game is awful because Cincinnati showed up praying for a 0-0 and penalties, and they parked the biggest bus you ever saw. It’s like an FA Cup tie where, like Man U is away to Morecambe.

That miss from Locadia that ultimately resulted in Cincy losing on penalties is an all-timer. What a choke.

Here it is for your enjoyment:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back