Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

95% of owners don't give a monkeys about clubs or the poor workers, they only buy them to line their own pockets in some way, including whoever Everton's owner is.

Can't believe I'm sticking up for them but as its the same for every club here goes*.

The buisness is the playing staff.
Example.
A printing buisness has to lay off staff because they have less work but technology has moved on and to keep up they have to buy new equipment.
If the work comes back, they re-employ the staff that are not currently needed.

Probably laid off because of covid and as they don't have 50,000 supporters turning up 30 times a year to need the staff.
Sorry fella - not a lot of people are buying that one. They are just about to sign Willian on £130K a week.
How many wages would that pay for? They are owned by a multi billionaire.
It is just totally unacceptable on any level. It just about sums them up. This is the club who organised and actually wrote
to UEFA to ban City before the CAS hearing had been held and were totally exonerated. They really are a poxy club
no matter how you slice it. A shining example of a club that respects FFP and does things properly eh?
They should be totally ashamed of themselves.

Can't believe I'm sticking up for them but as its the same for every club here goes*.

The buisness is the playing staff.
Example.
A printing buisness has to lay off staff because they have less work but technology has moved on and to keep up they have to buy new equipment.
If the work comes back, they re-employ the staff that are not currently needed.

Probably laid off because of covid and as they don't have 50,000 supporters turning up 30 times a year to need the staff.
So people deserve to be treated solely as a commodity which you squeeze like a sponge until it’s dry, then promptly discard? This is unforgivable and can be used as a wider example of why the world is so broken currently.

By justifying it, do you also justify Philip Greene rinsing the BHS pension pot, then buying himself a super yacht? Or companies like Activision announcing record revenue, then laying off mass amounts of staff while also giving their executives massive bonuses? If not then surely what Arsenal have done here (and by extension, Liverpool, Spurs, West Ham etc abusing the furlough system) is totally immoral. On that topic I’ve seen you’re posting and are a Spurs fan - what’s your opinion on your club abusing furlough and then having the gall to pay large amounts of money for new player like Hoijberg?

And around 15 years ago they are also the club who only got a slapped wrist for paying (and being able to keep their players,) millions of pounds in extra wages by dodgy means to avoid tax.
The eventually paid a Inland Revenue fine.

So people deserve to be treated solely as a commodity which you squeeze like a sponge until it’s dry, then promptly discard? This is unforgivable and can be used as a wider example of why the world is so broken currently.

By justifying it, do you also justify Philip Greene rinsing the BHS pension pot, then buying himself a super yacht? Or companies like Activision announcing record revenue, then laying off mass amounts of staff while also giving their executives massive bonuses? If not then surely what Arsenal have done here (and by extension, Liverpool, Spurs, West Ham etc abusing the furlough system) is totally immoral. On that topic I’ve seen you’re posting and are a Spurs fan - what’s your opinion on your club abusing furlough and then having the gall to pay large amounts of money for new player like Hoijberg?

I'm not justifying it and unfortunately I'm just saying how it is for many and the instance I gave about "the printing company" is me recently losing my job.

Spurs didn't abuse Furlough as they never used it because our little runt chairman got shamed into doing a U turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back