Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Haller?
I was thinking Aubameyang.

But there are a ton of Bundesliga to PL success stories. The only player I can think of who was pushing World Class in Germany and then utterly flopped is Mkhitaryan. Haller wasn't that good. I just don't think a dominant player in that league is going to come here and be really bad unless there is some compelling reason to think that will be the case. It isn't my default position.

The last big money striker to come to the PL from Germany has really struggled tbf.

Its not really anything to do with coming from the Bundesliga. Its just more that I dont really rate him and not sure hes suited to this league. Very good finisher but technically lacking. Very reliant on pace and that can sometimes be problematic.

Its not really anything to do with coming from the Bundesliga. Its just more that I dont really rate him and not sure hes suited to this league. Very good finisher but technically lacking. Very reliant on pace and that can sometimes be problematic.
Yeah it can. I'll be honest I don't like the guy either for whatever reason, but I can't deny his record, and I just really don't see a guy who scores as consistently as him flopping in a team with the creative players Chelsea are going to have.

Watching the horribly named MLS is back tournament has convinced me that MLS teams would at best be fighting for a mid table championship spot. I think a lot are league 1 level. It's pretty dire.

the way rosters are constructed (salary cap defenders make nothing, emphasis on attacking) and the style play, its unlike any league in Europe.

In the championship LAFC could score 90 goals and give up 110.

the way rosters are constructed (salary cap defenders make nothing, emphasis on attacking) and the style play, its unlike any league in Europe.

In the championship LAFC could score 90 goals and give up 110.
Which still leaves them in the bottom half

Just seen how outrageous Lewandowski’s stats are this season. Literally hitting numbers Ronaldo was hitting at his peak. 54 goals and 8 assists in 45 games is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back