Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
...against Spurs.

Who knocked out City.....

And who they beat after knocking out the best team in Spain and the best team in Germany.

Firmino is their best player by miles for me, knits it all together, irreplaceable.

Go back 5 years and tell me the United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool teams who duked it out for the title weren't much better than this current Liverpool outfit.

The PL is in decline. Man City have been the standout team of the last three years, and they've dominated and piled up 100 and 98 points precisely because the league is in relative decline.
It isn’t in decline. You just like to think it is because of how good they are. The 4 teams in the European finals were all English sides ffs. (And the best of the lot got knocked out by another English side)

United haven’t had a good side in years, Chelsea in that first season under Conte were great but I think the current Liverpool side is better, City are a better side now than they were then and Arsenal haven’t had a properly great side in ages.

Thank goodness football is over and done with for two weeks and we dont have to deal with that lot winning again.

The PL is in an utter mess when some pony Liverpool outfit is dominating it.

Football in this country is at a generational low. That's the only reason Liverpool are back as serious contenders.

....thank goodness for City. Whilst standards have dipped (just look at the quality of players getting international caps), there’s still a meritocracy. Although we don’t like it, the Reds are up there at the current time. We wouldn’t complain if it was us.

Who knocked out City.....

And who they beat after knocking out the best team in Spain and the best team in Germany.

Firmino is their best player by miles for me, knits it all together, irreplaceable.
When a team wins the CL they have to beat others along the way, and sometimes - if they're very lucky - have the best team in it taken care of by another team.

Laughing here at some people arguing the case for Liverpool in the PL by pulling in the wonky CL results.

Goalposts being shifted.

30 years without a title. That's the reality.

It isn’t in decline. You just like to think it is because of how good they are. The 4 teams in the European finals were all English sides ffs. (And the best of the lot got knocked out by another English side)

United haven’t had a good side in years, Chelsea in that first season under Conte were great but I think the current Liverpool side is better, City are a better side now than they were then and Arsenal haven’t had a properly great side in ages.
Those Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal teams are rated by you as three of the very best teams in Europe?

'sake.

....thank goodness for City. Whilst standards have dipped (just look at the quality of players getting international caps), there’s still a meritocracy. Although we don’t like it, the Reds are up there at the current time. We wouldn’t complain if it was us.
I wouldn't complain either, but I'd be honest and say that it's not a great team.

Man City are a very good team and are the only team that could have had the quality and mental strength to take on United and Chelsea in their pomp in the last decade or so. This Liverpool team wouldn't get a look in.

It's not even an argument. It's so obvious to state that.

If they ever got a midfield they might progress from good to very good. They have lived a charmed existence with Salah and Mane especially...Mane is head and shoulders the only world class forward they have, btw.

Mane, Salah, VVD. That's it. The rest are bang average.

They have a manager who can motivate the bog standard players to put in disciplined performances.

Today was their best performance of the season. They've been ropey up until that game.

Not all world class players make a good team, it’s having a balance and they do. They’ve won 13 on the bounce, that don’t happen with crap

Sorry Dave, but that’s reality

I wouldn't complain either, but I'd be honest and say that it's not a great team.

Man City are a very good team and are the only team that could have had the quality and mental strength to take on United and Chelsea in their pomp in the last decade or so. This Liverpool team wouldn't get a look in.

It's not even an argument. It's so obvious to state that.

If they ever got a midfield they might progress from good to very good. They have lived a charmed existence with Salah and Mane especially...Mane is head and shoulders the only world class forward they have, btw.

....I largely agree.

Not all world class players make a good team, it’s having a balance and they do. They’ve won 13 on the bounce, that don’t happen with crap

Sorry Dave, but that’s reality
They've won 13 on the bounce...and still lost the title and are 2 points ahead of City this season.

I deal in titles: Liverpool = none in 30 years, and Klopp's team are responsible for four of those years.

They've won 13 on the bounce...and still lost the title and are 2 points ahead of City this season.

I deal in titles: Liverpool = none in 30 years, and Klopp's team take up four of those yeras.

They where out done by a fantastic team, nobody is denying that. But only you are denying that they’re a good team

Bizarre that

They where out done by a fantastic team, nobody is denying that. But only you are denying that they’re a good team

Bizarre that

They're not a very good team. And are "pony" when compared to teams that have been very good / great in the PL.

I cant believe you're mistaking a 13 match winning streak as proof of greatness. Still, they might actually win the title one year. It has to come. 30 'kin years of failure has to end sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back