Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Supermarket Sweep on.
Supermarket sweep.

If I could time travel and tell myself I would have no idea that football was on and instead the tv is awash with people collecting inflatables in a trolley, I wouldn't believe you.

Sums up the state of the modern game.

Europe in particular is garbage. Too many games and the same dull teams, rinse and repeat.
It's been a good comeback from Rylan to take over from Dale.
Enjoyed it so far.

I watched the Chelsea game (because I enjoy watching football) rather than the rs game because of the rs worship from the media, from the commentators and the pundits and lineker. A puke fest normally. And I can't stand klopp. I'm not particularly fond of Chelsea either but they are tolerable in small doses. Hoddle though, commenting on a game at "The Bridge", what's all that about? I thought it was Stamford Bridge. If he was commenting on a game at Goodison would he call it "The Park"? Mind you they're a bit weird down in that Laandaan aren't they? :cheers:

Great performance by Napoli. What it shows is that they aren't unbeatable, they can be got at, they can be troubled but what it takes is a team who have belief and courage in themselves.

Problem in the PL those type of teams are few and far between which is why they can swat 90% of them aside minimum of fuss.

As poor as Stones has been, it is another big loss for them now....its Liverpool's title this season sadly, mental that City didn't buy a centre back in the summer...
Given the same club signed a brand new set of full backs last season as well....

My only guess is that they didn't want to pay the asking price for Maguire and there was noone else that fitted their profile for the team.

Massive gamble that lasted 4 games for them

Given the same club signed a brand new set of full backs last season as well....

My only guess is that they didn't want to pay the asking price for Maguire and there was noone else that fitted their profile for the team.

Koulibaly(sp) would have fit them nicely. Wouldn't have cost much more either I would think.

Totally understand why they walked away from any Maguire deal, but surely there's plenty of other options out there for them....they knew for ages Kompany was on his last legs, and Stone and ottamendi weren't good enough.... Massive error by Pep...

I've just seen that there's a team in the Hong Kong Premier League called 'Pegasus'.

That'll be my Hong Kong team from now on.
There is also a Pegasus in a country town in Australia. Called Morwell Pegasus. I used to play against them all the time.

I watched the Chelsea game (because I enjoy watching football) rather than the rs game because of the rs worship from the media, from the commentators and the pundits and lineker. A puke fest normally. And I can't stand klopp. I'm not particularly fond of Chelsea either but they are tolerable in small doses. Hoddle though, commenting on a game at "The Bridge", what's all that about? I thought it was Stamford Bridge. If he was commenting on a game at Goodison would he call it "The Park"? Mind you they're a bit weird down in that Laandaan aren't they? :cheers:
Stamford Bridge was built along the River Thames tributary in the West End. At the time, there were two bridges. One was at King's Road, which was known as Stanley Bridge....this was proper Chelsea. The other one was at Fulham Road, which was called Stamford Bridge. The stadium was constructed close to the bridge, hence the name. Chelsea technically don't play in the borough of Chelsea, but instead play in the borough of Fulham, hence the rivalry with Fulham.

Koulibaly(sp) would have fit them nicely. Wouldn't have cost much more either I would think.
Would they not be at their limit for foreign players. If they signed a foreigner they might have had to drop another player from their squad that they did not want to. Probably why they wanted Maguire as would have filled the English quota along with getting a centre back. Probably didn't want to pay 80mil for it though.

Would they not be at their limit for foreign players. If they signed a foreigner they might have had to drop another player from their squad that they did not want to. Probably why they wanted Maguire as would have filled the English quota along with getting a centre back. Probably didn't want to pay 80mil for it though.
I don't think there's a limit for foreign players, just a "you need X British ones", no? Otherwise there is a squad limiti think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back