Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whereas we should have kept Gana and signed a Haller or Wilson and we would be in a similiar position to them.

Silva is a dud but Brands is just as culpable this summer.

Not judging Kean just yet. Gbamin injury was a killer too. Players are not gelling yet.

We are still in pre season mode, especially away from home.

that interview.. 'we are and should be considered one them top teams and no one.coming here should be expecting to get anything'

That's the mentality we need from our players.

The only thing I would scrutinise about the offside Spurs goal is that there has to be a point where the margin can not be accurately measured with the technology. Any measuring system has the capacity for errors that become more significant the smaller you try to measure. Down to the millimeter? Nanometer? There has to be a point where VAR says that it is reasonable to say they are in line with each other.

The only thing I would scrutinise about the offside Spurs goal is that there has to be a point where the margin can not be accurately measured with the technology. Any measuring system has the capacity for errors that become more significant the smaller you try to measure. Down to the millimeter? Nanometer? There has to be a point where VAR says that it is reasonable to say they are in line with each other.
What if that decision was outside of the margin of error for the technology? I mean if the PL came out and said the margin of error we tested is this and that decision was farther off than that margin would you agree that it was right? Because I look at how close the decisions are with technology in tennis and think that millimeters are nothing.

Apparently it's not even technology that decides what the margin is but instead it's whoever is on VAR duty that decides what part of sons shoulder was offside and when the ball is played.

It's all far to small of a margin to be given that as offside

They've had a bit of fortune so far. A decent side but I don't think a slump is out of the question.

The worry is they have Vardy who will score past most of the "bottom 14" outside the top 6.

My hope was they would drop points against the top 6 sides with the way Rodgers sets up his teams to be attacking.

Annoying how they have a plan whilst we dont.

Whereas we should have kept Gana and signed a Haller or Wilson and we would be in a similiar position to them.

Wilson
Neres
Gomes
Zouma
Meunier

Pickford

Meunier Keane Zouma Digne

Gana Gomes

Siggurdsson

Richarlison Wilson Neres

Smells like top 7 to me mmm mm mmmmm.
Neres LW
Wilson ST
Gomes CM
Meunier RB
??? CB

cant see Zouma coming but thats my transfer wishlist. Make it happen Marcel.
If he was called Wilensio and had 53 goals in 136 games for Lazio you would be all over it :p
Wilson isnt a sexy name but he's quick, presses from the front and links up with the wide players and would actually suit Silva's set up.

Not many top strikers out there in general at present never mind for a club without CL football.

He's our level at present although if we could do better I would be all for it.
Both are only 27 its not like they are pushing 30 mate.

Just because Brands has a general transfer age range doesnt mean EVERY player we sign will fall into that age bracket.

I dont think we'll go for Wilson either tbh but for me he's an ideal signing who fits Silva's system/pressing from the front.

Meunier I think there could be something in it as we seemed to have been linked with him a few times.
Need to sell him next summer.

Offer cash + DCL for Wilson or King at Bournemouth- both much better back up than Bambi.
Miles better than Bambi thats for sure.

As said he looks too eager to impress and probably feels the pressure to lead the line - I wish we would have signed another forward to take the load off him.

Haller, Wilson etc someone who can score goals and rotate with Moise.
DCL, Niasse and Tosun are nor worthy of the term Striker & Kean has potential but still raw.

Throw the £50+ million we were offering Palace for Zaha at someone like Belotti or Wilson - one of them rotating with Kean and we are massively stronger up top
Hmm whoever we would go for is up for debate (Haller was my Number one choice) however for me we simply cant rely on a 19 year old & DCL to do the business - he needs time to develop - I would be happy for us to sign a no nonsense 1 in 3 type striker happy to rotate and get us the goals needed whilst allowing Kean to develop.

Someone like Belotti/Wilson/King all fit the bill.

Wilson is slated but when injury free he's a good finisher with pace and better than anyone we have up top at present - him and King also suit Silva's pressing from the front / linking up with the wide players style.
And the no nothings laughing at me saying we should have gone for someone like Callum Wilson when DCL leads our line...
I get slated on here for saying things as:

Silva is crap
DCL is garbage
Brands isnt a God
Players like Callum Wilson would do a job for us

Maybe the usual suspects laying into me should actually look and realise yano what Im bloody well right alot of the time I only repeat myself because I get shot down all the time as some crazed fan!
Was never the answer to our problems.

We needed a Haller/Wilson/Belotti proven goalscorer type and went for a 19 year old kid.

Unbelievable from Brands.
Remember when some super bloos laughed in my face on here for suggesting we sign Callum Wilson this summer..

HOW YA LIKE SEEING DCL UPFRONT EH?
Callum Wilson:

Last season - 14 goals in 30 games
This season- 4 goals in 6 games

DCL - ANYONE?!
Tbf to the dud he hasnt been helped by our clubs apparent allergy to signing an actual goal scorer.

Haller
Callum Wilson

Two players available this summer and we turned our noses up keeping DCL in the side alongside a 19 year old kid - Brands should be heckled for that.
Wilson since fit has been scoring at a near 1 in 2 ratio - thats a CL strikers ratio.

He doesn't get credit because he's not foreign with a fancy name however if Kean gets anywhere near what Wilson will get this season we'll have some player - but from what I've seen I'll be shocked if he gets more than 8-10 this season which Wilson is already half way there 6 games in.
Although tbf to him Brands massively failed him not getting a good striker in.

Haller and Wilson available and we overlooked both last season and both have netted 3 in 6 and 4 in 6 respectively so far this season - whereas we have a 19 year old kid and DCL.

And people laughed their heads off when I suggested Callum Wilson :coffee:
We understand you like Wilson mate.

The worry is they have Vardy who will score past most of the "bottom 14" outside the top 6.

My hope was they would drop points against the top 6 sides with the way Rodgers sets up his teams to be attacking.

Annoying how they have a plan whilst we dont.
I'm not sure that's been Vardy's style down the years. He more often scores in games when he can run in behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back